Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anthony Dyson
    Participant
    #5084 |

Hello –

I’m a new Anytune user, and am planning to work with an iMac and an iPhone.

I’ve read the documentation but am still not completely sure how to manage keeping the devices synchronized. When I installed the app on the iPhone, I initialized the library by restoring an iCloud backup that had been made from the Mac. That was clear enough. I also see that both devices automatically back up their data to iCloud.

How does it work from here on? Can I work on either device and expect them to synchronize themselves automatically? Or do I have to keep track of where I add tunes and make edits, and load the backup from that device onto the other one by hand? i.e. today I work on the iMac so have to restore an iMac backup onto the iPhone, tomorrow I work on the iPhone and have to restore an iPhone backup onto the iMac?

Thanks for your help!
    Tony

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #5085 |

Thank you.

First step makes the same songs available bye on each device. Anytune does not save your song files to iCloud (it only saves the data). Data syncing works like a backup and restore. First you backup your song data then you restore the song data to matching songs on your same or different device that has the same song files. The songs must be there first.

You can Restore All or specific song’s data to your device from the iCloud config file.

Work on you iMac
    Go to your iPhone and Restore the data from a the automatic config backup or one you created and named.
    Work on your iPhone
    Go to your Mac and Restore the data from a the automatic config backup or one you created and named.

See “Sharing (Syncing) Song Data” for more info: http://anytune.us/ios-user-guide/ios-sharing/

Anthony Dyson
    Participant
    #5086 |

Thanks a lot for that information.

So what we currently have is the possibility to copy the entire metadata one-to-one from one device to another via iCloud, overwriting whatever is on the target device, including any newer changes.

On the web site you say “sync between platforms”. I guess what most users understand as multi-device synchronisation would be that changes made on different devices are automatically merged. Technically this is a completely different ball game, of course. But it might be clearer if you said “copy marks and settings from one device to another”. Because at present we users have to manage the synchronisation ourselves – if we make changes on two different devices we can in fact no longer synchronise!

Is a true sync/merge something you are thinking of implementing somewhere down the track?

Thanks
    Tony

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #5087 |

You are right it is not a complete merged sync.

You can save the data for all songs in your Anytune library or a single song.

When you restore the data to another device you can select what songs from that config you want to restore.

Currently, marks on the target system will not be removed if the source config does not have them. That is marks are merged without deleting any. if your target has marks 1,2,3 and you are restoring from a device that has marks 1,3,4,5, then the result will be 1,2,3,4,5. 2 is not removed.

Settings such as Tempo and Pitch will be updated based on the source.

Yes we would like to provide a automated sync in the future.

Waggi
    Participant
    #5099 |

Hello there from Germany,
    I´m using Anytune for my live-gigs. Therefore I´m using it on my iPad, but also – for safety- on my iPhone.
    Up to the last iPhone Update (Vers. 4.2.1) everything was great. But now I don´t see anymore Textfiles on the iphone, although you can see it in the backup file!? The text just is not displayed.

It may depend on the different IOS-Versions. iPhone is 11.3.1, ipad I can´t check now, but much older(perhaps 9 or 10).

I´m afraid now to update my ipad to the latest IOS-Version and to loose all my 200 Textfiles,… it was hard job to put als the chords to the right positon over the words.

Perhaps someone could help me!

Best regards,
    Waggi

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #5105 |

Please anytune.us/contact-us or Email us at [email protected].

There is a bug we are working on where restoring a config does not add the lyrics if the target song does not have Anytune lyrics.

If you edit the lyrics on your iPhone (Add one character) and then restore the config from iCloud for that song the lyrics should be displayed.

Please do contact us. we would like to know the specifics of your scenario. It sounds like the lyrics were displayed on the iPhone but then after the upgrade they were not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.