Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • brendangaddy28
    #60 |

I just upgraded my old iPad 1 to an Air, just so I could take advantage of all the new AnyTune features, and I am *so* happy.  What a tool!

I’ve watched the video on Bassline Isolation, but have a couple of questions:
    – I thought since the setting was called “Isolate Bass (+24 pitch)”, it might also speed AnyTune up 2 octaves, but I guess that’s just a reminder for you to do it
    – I can’t seem to speed up more that 1 octave (12 semitones), and of course I’m running the latest version 3.9.6
    – I guess there’s no “Eliminate Bass” preset EQ, so I should create one with the inverse EQ from the Isolate one

Thanks again for the great app…..Lyle

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #226 |

Hi Lyle,

It sound like perhaps you aren’t in HQ audio quality mode? You need to be in HQ mode in order to pitch up 24 semi. 
    Try going into settings and changing to HQ mode. Note, that sometimes in 3.9.6 the audio quality mode won’t change properly (this is fixed in our next release). If it doesn’t appear to change (i.e.: you see basic or pro in the status area rather than HQ), then set to HQ in settings, force quit Anytune and relaunch it, and it will be in HQ mode. To quit an app in iOS7, double tap the home button to bring up the app switcher, and then swipe the app you want to quit towards the top of screen.
    We haven’t added an eliminate bass preset, no. We were mainly focused on helping people hear the bass line, rather than getting rid of it. You can certainly give it a go – EQ’s are fun. 😉 The only trick being that the isolate bass preset is designed to work with the +24 semitone pitch up – so the ranges are going to be off. You might try starting with the suppress rhythm guitar preset, and working down from there?
    Best of luck!
    Sean.
    brendangaddy28
    #227 |

I was in HQ mode already, and forcing the app to quit & rebooting didn’t help.  But when I went back to Basic mode, forced quit & rebooted, then went into HQ mode again I was able to repitch to +24 semitones.

The Isolate Bass EQ setting still doesn’t seem to change the pitch at all by itself, but at least I can do it manually now.  So I’m fine, but if you want me to try any more things in the name of debugging, you can reach me here in the forum or via email.

Thanks….Lyle

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #228 |
    Hi Lyle,
    Thanks for clarifying the steps to get the audio quality mode to change, and for the debugging offer… pretty sure we’ll have it fixed in our next update.

The EQ preset does not adjust the pitch – The +24 semi  in the description is a reminder that the isolate bass EQ preset requires +24 semi to work at it’s best. It would be nice to tie the two together, I admit.

Cheers!
    Sean.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.