Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • jb_motohead
    Participant
    #64 |

As you are aware IK Multimedia is coming up with iLoud Bluetooth portable studio monitor  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloud/   and most of the music lovers are awaiting release of it.  I have already registered myself for it.
    Will I be able to output from anytune to it via bluetooth?

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #189 |

Hi,

Anytune supports playback to bluetooth devices. The only catch is that there is latency due to the wireless nature of the bluetooth signal. The latency currently means that what you see on the Anytune display will be a bit ahead of what you hear. 
    There may be some ways for us to reduce that lag, but at the moment it is quite noticeable. If you’re using it for playback, and aren’t too worried about what you see on the display, then I expect it will work fine.
    Sean.
    jb_motohead
    Participant
    #190 |

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your quick response.  I plan to use anytune for backing music and Vocalive for mic input + effects to work together using LiveMix and output both vocal and music to bluetooth device (iLoud). I believe it should work right?
    How do I get it out to iLoud?

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #191 |

Getting a mix from both apps out over bluetooth could be tricky, since typically you redirect audio to Airplay/BT by application. I have not tried it using apps that are sharing audio at the same time, so I’m not sure how that will behave. If iOS only sends one of the audio signals rather than both, then a possible path would be to use Audiobus to mix them, and have Audiobus send the output over Airplay. That should work.

Sean.

jb_motohead
    Participant
    #192 |

Hi Sean,
    Thanks.  Unfortunately I do not have Airplay and I understand Audiobus does not output to BT.
    Is there anyone out there with a BT speaker can try whether a mix will there?

Mathew

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #193 |

Hmm. Seems you’re correct about Audiobus… 

When I say Airplay, I meant Bluetooth and/or Airplay. The user interface is the same from the user perspective (tap the “Airplay” icon to choose the output source, whether that is internal speakers, an airplay device or a bluetooth device). Sorry for the confusion.
    When I get a chance, I will see what happens with bluetooth output and multiple apps. It’s probable that all audio will be redirected out to the BT speaker but I won’t know for sure until I try it.
    Sean.
    jb_motohead
    Participant
    #195 |

Hi Sean,

Thank for taking the trouble.  If you check at your convenience with a BT speaker, I will be glad.
    Meanwhile, there is likelyhood Audobus may consider BT for non-music creation applications?
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1434/bluetooth-as-audiobus-output

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #197 |

Hi Mathew,

It appears that Amplitube itself does not support bluetooth output. As soon as I launch it, the bluetooth output is disabled, and the audio redirects to the iPad speaker (or headphones if they are plugged in). I don’t know if Vocalive is the same, but I expect it probably is given that is is very similar to Amplitube, and by the same company.
    So I have this feeling that what you’re hoping to do is not going to work unfortunately… at least not without cables. With a cabled up iLoud, it should all work quite nicely I expect. Perhaps you could send a note over to the IK multimedia folks to see if they have any comment?
    Sean.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.