Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • acrodriguez08
    Participant
    #4474 |

I purchased Anytune for my MacBook and Anytune Pro+ for my iPhone and iPad. I do a majority of my song marking and labeling on my MacBook out of convenience. How do I sync or transfer these marked tracks onto my iPhone and iPad?

Tony
    Keymaster
    #4478 |

Anytune allows you to save your song data (settings, lyrics, notes and marks) for all or a single song to iCloud or a file. This allows you to share your music meta data across your devices or with your friends.

Anytune does not save your song files to iCloud (it only saves the data). If you are playing songs from your device’s music library (synced from iTunes) they can be re-synced to your new device. If the have been importing songs directly through Record, Dropbox or Open-In then you will need to export them from current Anytune to save them to new Anytune. Imported songs are saved with Anytune when your device is backed up to your computer. Apple has process to “Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device”. See http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT2109 or our post.

Data syncing works like a backup and restore. First you backup your data then you restore the data to matching songs on your same or different device that has the same song files. Automatic backups are created when you quit/background Anytune and before you delete a file.

When you restore your settings and marks onto another device the song file must be there. Anytune associates the song data with the song file based on song Title, Artist and Album. If you are trying to backup song settings from your Mac and restore then on your iPhone you need to ensure the songs are synced to your iPhone first. You will see Imported, Importable, or Not Found in the Cloud View indicating whether the matching song is available.

To move your music data from one device to another:

Backup on Mac
    To iCloud

1. Click Cloud > Export to iCloud… – OR – Menu > File > Config Export > Export to iCloud…
    2. Choose “All Songs”, enter a name in the “Save As:” box, and Save.

To File

1. Click Menu > File > Config Export > Export to File…
    2. Enter a name for the file in the “Save As:” box, choose a location and Save.

Restore on iPad
    When restoring files will display Imported, Importable or Not Found. If Not Found you will need to sync that song to your music library or import it into Anytune before restoring the data.

From File

1. Import the File (.atcfg) as you would a song.
      Open-In, Dropbox, Email, … the file will be paced in the Cloud list

From iCloud (or after importing atcfg file)

1. Tap Cloud
    2. Choose the desired backup file.
    3. Tap Restore All Above – OR – Select the desired song and tap Restore.

You can also share data for individual songs instead of our complete library.

Tony
    Anytune.us - Music practice perfected

Lyle
    Participant
    #4488 |

I’m running AnyTune on both an iPad and iPhone. I want to set rehearsal marks on songs using my iPad where I have more screen size to work with, then transfer the marks to my iPhone because I always have it with me.

Do I understand correctly that I can export/import data for either one song or my whole library, and not just one playlist? Export/Import of data for the whole library is probably ok in my use case, but per-playlist would be nice.

And I assume if my target device has a smaller number of songs on it than the source device, all the data will be imported, cause no errors, and some data just goes unused.

Thanks…Lyle

Tonreg
    Participant
    #4619 |

I need Anytune on ipad and Mac. But the troubles with the import and export options are enormous, because sometimes it works, sometimes not. Is there any resolution in sight? It is horrible wasting of my time, when I try to sync, and it dosn’t work. And it doesn’t matter, if i do it over icloud or Mail or Dropbox. It seems, that the backuped file would not be imported. I don’t use songs, only the settings (tags, songtexts asf., that are atcfg-files)

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4627 |

Yes. When importing Settings (Tempo, Pitch, Marks, Lops, Comments, … ) the destination device must have the corresponding songs. You will see Imported, Importable, or Not Found on for each song telling you if the song is available or not. If it is not the settings will not be applied. You can add the song and restore again.

Yes exporting settings for a Playlist is a great idea. When you Import All your Songs you can select which ones to import. But it doesn;t hurt to try and fail to import the settings.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4628 |

Please email us at [email protected] if you are having problems.

Have a look at https://forums.anytune.us/forums/topic/moving-songs-and-settings-between-different-versions-of-anytune/.

Anytune allows you to save your song data (settings, lyrics, notes and marks) for all or a single song to iCloud or a file. This allows you to share your music meta data across your devices or with your friends.

Anytune does not save your song files to iCloud (it only saves the data). If you are playing songs from your device’s music library (synced from iTunes) they can be re-synced to your new device. If the have been importing songs directly through Record, Dropbox or Open-In then you will need to export them from current Anytune to save them to new Anytune. Imported songs are saved with Anytune when your device is backed up to your computer. Apple has process to “Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device”. See http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT2109 or our post.

Data syncing works like a backup and restore. First you backup your data then you restore the data to matching songs on your same or different device that has the same song files. Automatic backups are created when you quit/background Anytune and before you delete a file.

When you restore your settings and marks onto another device the song file must be there. Anytune associates the song data with the song file based on song Title, Artist and Album. If you are trying to backup song settings from your Mac and restore then on your iPhone you need to ensure the songs are synced to your iPhone first. You will see Imported, Importable, or Not Found in the Cloud View indicating whether the matching song is available.

verona
    Participant
    #4648 |

Hello, mabe you can try these steps as following:
    1.Connect your iOS device to the computer and fire up iTunes
    2.Now, choose your device in iTunes
    3.In the various tabs, head over to Music
    4.You should see a radio-option called Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres
    5.Select this option and then select the playlist from the list that shows up below.
    And if you use iTunes but lost songs,Iphone Music Manager will helps you a lot
    Hope to help you,
    Thanks

menespac
    Participant
    #4663 |

iTunes or third party apps can do this pretty easy in nowadays. Here are the tutorials:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593
    http://www.iphonetransferrecovery.com/tutorials/transfer-music-from-ipod-touch-to-mac.html

Cassatty
    Participant
    #4693 |

iTunes is certainly one of the most handy desktop app for iPhone synchronization. However, iTunes allows only iphone-to-pc synchronization. So,you need a third-party iPhone to PC Transfer software to sync iPhone data to computer.

derri
    Blocked
    #4700 |

iTunes is certainly one of the most handy desktop app for iPhone synchronization. However, iTunes allows only iphone-to-pc synchronization. So,you need a third-party iPhone to PC Transfer software to sync iPhone data to computer.

Data transfer software is better than official iTunes sometimes and you can transfer data separately instead of syncing them all at once. Apple doesn’t have any other official software without iTunes for data transfer through USB.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4702 |

Anytune can play songs directly from your device’s music library. With Anytune Pro+ or the Import Add-On for the Free version you can import songs directly using Open-In (Email), WiFI, Dropbox, AudioCopy. Open-In allows you to import songs from other Apps on your iOS device.

derri
    Blocked
    #4705 |

Data transfer software is better than official iTunes sometimes and you can transfer data separately instead of syncing them all at once. Apple doesn’t have any other official software without iTunes for data transfer through USB, so you can use other tools to sync iphone to mac.

afischlin
    Participant
    #4754 |

Dear Tony,

This all works fine, with one exception. I have observed that deleting marks (position mark, loop) does not sync well. Let me explain with the following example:

I have two devices, say A and B, both perfectly synced with same songs and identical song settings. Then on device A I edit the song settings including a deletion of a mark and export the song settings, say to a atcfg file. On device B I restore the song settings using the atcfg file. I have observed that the new edited song settings arrive well on device B except for the deletions. Any mark that was deleted continues to persist on device B.

The only remedy I found so far to always perfectly sync from device A to B is to first delete all song settings on device B before restoring the settings as obtained from device A.

My question: Is this really the recommended method of obtaining a perfect sync including mark deletions?

(Or in other words: Is this merging of song settings intentional, and if yes, what should it be good for? Or is it a bug?)

If yes, i.e. this is the recommended technique and all is intentionally as it currently is, how about adding a feature to Anytune (on Mac as well as iPad), e.g. as an option, to do the deleting automatically first before restoring?

Thanks for Anytune and your help and cooperation.

Regards,
    Andreas

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4755 |

Hi Andreas,

Yes, you are correct. When restoring settings Anytune adds new marks but does not delete existing marks. In some scenarios this may make sense, and this approach may avoid loosing marks unintentionally. However, I do understand that it may no be expected and can be a real pain. I agree it would be an improvement to include deletions in the sync.

As you have identified, the current work around is to delete all the makes on the target before the restore.

Your suggestion is on our list of new features and I have added your vote to this feature request. I currently cannot tell you when this feature may be available.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a suggestion for Anytune.

Best, Tony

afischlin
    Participant
    #4756 |

Dear Tony,

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply.

Thanks also for considering the automatic deletion of existing marks during restore as a suggestion for a new optional feature. Such an option appears to me to be quite helpful, since I always wish to overwrite during restore.

Rationale: Note, I have many devices (Macs, iPads) and designate only the music studio iPad (stationary) and the main Mac as master devices where I am doing substantive edits. And even when transferring edits from one of those two to the other, I wish to overwrite only. My scenario is that I use the Mac, since the fastest device, for editing marks. The iPad, on the other hand, being the device I use for practice and doing edits on the fly, which often require refinement on the Mac to get the final marks. Moreover, any other device needs to be overwritten anyway when restoring. All in all I have basically no use for “preserving” existing marks and forgetting to delete all before restore only tends to create a considerable mess.

I understand, however, that features need time to get implemented. Nevertheless, I would greatly appreciate this feature due to the frequent need to transfer settings between my main Mac and the studio iPad.

Regards,
    Andreas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.