Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Jief
    Participant
    #4490 |

PS :

I tried with file with title tag and without.

Why the hell did you duplicate the song title in ZASTMEDIAITEMLOCALDATA in column ZTITLE ?
    Redundancy in database are dangerous.
    See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database_normalization#Normal_forms.
    My advice as a long time professionnal : if you really need that denormalization in certain cases, keep that column to null for normal cases. Or, like iTunes, offer a feature de rebuild.

Otherwise, very good software. You made me switched from Amazing Slow Downer !

Jief

Tony
    Keymaster
    #4494 |

Hello Jief,

If you change the name of the song in iTunes after it has been played Anytune may get confused.

Anytune uses the Song Title, Album Title, and Artist to match a song to its’ config data. When a song is imported it is assigned a unique ID used to match. We use the ID from iTune when available.
    When matching a song:
    1. If the ID is the same it is a match
    2. Next, look for Song Title, Album Title, and Artist (These must be exact so if any one is different it will not match) File type mp3/m4a must also be the same.
    3. If there are more than one song matching title, album, artists the song with closest song duration is matched.
    4. If the songs are identical it will match the first song.

Unfortunaetly, iTunes may change the Unique ID when you change the title of the song in iTunes.

Thank you for the suggestion. We are always looking for bug fixes and stability improvements and we know meta data changing is not always handed seamlessly.

Contact support and we may be able to help you with a specific issue.

Tony
    Anytune.us - Music practice perfected

Jief
    Participant
    #4496 |

Hi Tony,

I’ve checked and no, iTunes doesn’t change ID. I even wrote a program that correct the bugs. In case of a renamed file, the location changed and the title might have changed.

My little program does
    1) set to NULL the field ZCACHEDAUDIODATAURL if the URL have changed. That way anytune, re-read the url form itunes library (without losing marks)
    2) update the field ZTITLE if title reported by iTunes has changed. Purely cosmetic.
    3) it also correct ZPERSISTENTID because of the import bug I described elsewhere, but that’s something else.
    These checks are based on matching persistent ID from iTunes and the id found in ZASSETURL. So I can confirmed, NO, persitent ID from itunes doesn’t change on rename the file and/or change title.

PS : The databse is located here : ~/Library/Containers/com.anystonetech.Anytune-Mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Auralicty.sqlite)

I have precisely diagnose and explain the database problem you have and you tried to tell me that is iTunes’s fault, which is WRONG. I don’t need any support and I don’t even need you to correct your bugs : my program does it. So now, taking time to write this is just to help.

Regards.

Tony
    Keymaster
    #4499 |

Thank you Jief.

We appreciate you providing us this information. I have attached your comments to the bug-report so it can be addressed in a future update. I am glad you were able to work-around the problem and we really do appreciate the time you spent debugging and solving this issue.

Kind regards, Tony

Tony
    Anytune.us - Music practice perfected

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.