Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • pasternak
    Spectator
    #6767 |

Hi- want to use Bluetooth pedals to control transcription buttons. Thought iRig Blueboard was the way to go. But gets terrible reviews in App Store. Anyone here happily using a Bluetooth pedal for this purpose? Love to get a good recommendation. Thanks!

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #6768 |

I have had the Blueboard for years and it works well in the lab. I see the bad reviews. Ouch! IKMM does advertise their other products a lot and setup is required.
    The board is plastic and the switches are quiet. It works well with Anytune.

AirTurn BT200S-4 Controller is another option which is a metal with controller with stompbox switches with the solid click. AirTurn devices can be confusing to set up but controllers is their thing.

I would be interested in what others have to say.

pasternak
    Spectator
    #6769 |

Thanks Tony! I’m looking at the ‘BT200 silent’ 4 pedal on Amazon now. Hoping it’s similar to theBT200s-4 but without what I presume is an audible click. Say, do you use pedals for transcription? If you do, would you mind sharing your favorite pedal assignments with me? Looking for play/replay/advance. Have you got a pedal transcription assignment you really like?

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #6770 |

Silent would be good for Transcription. The Blueboard is silent. Checkout the Airturn site, you can buy direct and it may be cheaper. They have promos occasionally.

Checkout Transcription Mode

You may need only two pedals like the PED Pro.

When Transcribe Mode is enabled:

1. a special marker will be added to the Zoomed and Song views indicating the current start position in the song,
    2. the functions of the Play, Pause, Skip and Replay buttons are altered.

A typical transcription session, allows you to work through small sections:

1. Tap Play to hear a couple notes and then pause.
    2. Repeat the Play / Pause operation until you can play the note/chord, or record it.
    3. Tap Move Start Position (Skip) to move the start position past what you have completed.
    4. Repeat the Play / Pause operation learn, transcribing or practicing as you go.
    pasternak
    Spectator
    #6771 |

Thanks Tony. Very helpful. I just ordered the BT200 silent. Working on upright bass transcription- really looking forward to hands free. I can use it with other things if it doesn’t work out for this for some reason. But I expect it will do the trick. Anytune Pro + has been a wonderful tool to use. Thanks so much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.