Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Jim
    Participant
    #590 |

I’m really confused about Anytunes. First, is this forum the only way to get answers about problems or questions I have about Anytunes? No matter where I search….here or Google,,,or YouTube I get no answer to some questions.

Secondly, more to the point, I have tunes that have come from iTunes onto Anytunes and in many cases I didn’t try to put them there….they just appeared. How do I avoid this happening again?

Next, some tunes have an iTunes icon on the left side of the title. These songs dont play but I get a message that the tune “is missing and….Anytunes is looking here” with file location displayed. Why is it even in Anytunes? To delete these many files I must do them individually. Is there a way to keep them out OR at the least, BLOCK delete ?

Lastly for now, I have albums in iTUnes that have been imported from a CD and some songs, randomly and for now apparent reason, did not import. I cannot figure how to delete entire albums from iTunes OR from the Anytunes menu on the left of the page.

Help appreciated! Thanks!

Jim
    Participant
    #591 |

PS…Please if there are other more populated or appropriate forums…..let me know.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #592 |

Hi Jim,

These are the official Anytune forums and are a good place to ask for help. There are many other ways to contact us.

When you select a song in Anytune from one of the Songs, Albums, Artists or Playlists tabs, Anytune will automatically import it for you. If you happen to play to the end of the song, or use the skip to next song buttons, then Anytune will automatically import those songs as well. So it likely that some combination of those items is what caused the songs to show up in the list for you.

When songs come from iTunes, Anytune will also sometimes clean out the song files to save space. It does this because it expects to be able to get them back from iTunes later. If for some reason those songs are no longer synced on your iPad/iPhone, then you will get a message saying that it cannot find them to automatically bring them back.

To clear out the songs that are not expecting to see, go into the Tunes tab, and then select All Tunes. Next, tap the edit button. You can then select the small check mark to “select all” of the songs, and then tap the “trash can” icon to remove them. If you do not want to remove them all, you can optionally select them individually, and then hit the trash can to remove any of the songs you have selected.

The albums/artists/playlists/songs tabs are all setup based on what you have synced to your device. To remove them, you would have to go into iTunes and tell it not to sync those items to your device.

Sean.

Jim
    Participant
    #593 |

Thanks very much for your reply Sean! I don’t find an EDIT button on Anytunes. I have a Macbook . At the top of my screen are the usual File, Edit, View, History, etc. When I used this EDIT method before it did not seem to work and that prompted my query. It’s working fine now. Is this the EDIT you were referring to or is there another?

In my ALL TUNES there are many exact dupes, same tune, same date/time. If you touched on this, please again.

Also, why do some tunes show a ‘down arrow’ to the left and others show the iTunes icon?

So as I understand you, the ALL TUNES area in Anytunes is just a way for me to see my songs without having to toggle back and forth to iTunes. Yes?

Thanks again! Jim

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #594 |

Ah, you have the Mac version. Good to know! That changes things a bit; though most of what I said is the same.

The edit I was referring to is on the iPad/iPhone, not the Mac. Sorry for the confusion there. On the Mac you can simply multi-select and hit the Delete key, or multi-select and then press the – button at the bottom of the list of songs in the All Tunes selection.

I am not sure why you would be getting duplicates – unless they were somehow imported twice, or possibly the iTunes library location was changed or something. Normally Anytune will not re-import the same song more than once from iTunes…

The difference between the songs with iTunes icons and the songs with arrows is how the songs got into Anytune. If you dragged and dropped a song, or used the File menu -> Add to Anytune then you will see the song with an arrow icon. If you chose a song from one of the iTunes lists (Songs,Albums,Artists,Playlists) then you will see an iTunes icon.

All Tunes is a way of seeing the songs that you have in one way or another added to Anytune. Whether they were added by choosing them from an iTunes list, or drag and drop, or from the menu. You’re absolutely right though – it is one way of not having to go back and forth to iTunes. It can be a handy way to find the songs that you’ve recently played.

Sean.

Jim
    Participant
    #595 |

Thanks for the clarification Sean! I’m still not sure of the dupes but I have a lot of them in iTUnes, unfortunately. But my ALL TUNES list has a million songs, lots of them dupes. When I look for the originals, many of them I cannot even locate in iTUnes. They are in a folder on the desktop and found thru a title search….a title search in iTunes does not find them. Most of what is in Anytunes was not dragged there and many of the tunes there are not anything I would ever have wanted to put in Anytunes….I use it strictly as a slowdowner for some instrumentals and those are a small portion of iTunes music.

SO I guess the best alternative is to block delete EVERYTHING in Anytunes and start over, importing songs or albums as I want them and concentrating on keeping everything where it belongs….in iTunes.

Thoughts?

Jim

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #596 |

Yes – that sounds like a reasonable plan Jim.

There are tools that will help you cleanup your iTunes library. While I have not used any of them, it might be worth looking into since it sounds like your library could use it. 😉

Sean.

Jim
    Participant
    #597 |

I’ll do that and thanks for the help here.!

Jim
    Participant
    #605 |

This program has to be the most confusing and frustrating I’ve dealt with! All I want is a simple slowdowner like I had with my PC……a FREE, simple, always works…for years. Now I have a Mac Book and am experiencing first hand what I’ve heard as the primary complaint about Apple devices. Limited software and expensive. It’s not about the money…that’s not going to break me. It’s the limited choices and then, when you do pay, you get something like this. So I’ll continue to search for another program because the thought of using Anytune forever is really depressing. If I could get on the phone with tech support that would probably solve most of my issues but apparently that isn’t going to happen. *&#^%@ !!

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #606 |

Jim,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I’m happy to try and help, but it’s a challenge without knowing what the problems are. We do not offer telephone support, sorry.

Anytune is complex, and has a lot of features that you may not need and which may be confusing. It is entirely possible that Anytune is not the right slow downer for you. There are other slow downers available for the Mac that may serve your needs better.

Sean.

Jim
    Participant
    #662 |

Surprise! Still having difficulty. There are many tunes in my Anytune files BUT my iTUnes has been cleaned up and organized and I’d like to sync Anytune with iTunes ON MY MAC BOOK, program to program without using iCloud. I’m not sure how to do that. I can’t seem to COPY/PASTE FROM iTunes to Any; can’t DRAG/DROP; IMPORT FROM FILE has iTunes in APPLICATIONS greyed out SO CANNOT IMPORT. Please explain. Thanks!

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #663 |

Hi Jim,

I’m not sure what you mean by syncing iTunes with Anytune.

Anytune doesn’t sync with iTunes per se. The built-in iTunes Songs/Albums/Playlists/Artists browser in Anytune let you easily work with songs that are already in your iTunes library. It is a convenient way to access them without having to open iTunes or drag and drop songs into Anytune. When you create marks, or change the tempo or any of that stuff, the original song isn’t modified in any way. Those things reside purely in Anytune.

Check out the Anytune Mac Intro Video – hopefully it will help describe how this is all supposed to work.
    http://anytune.us/anytune-mac-intro-video/

Sean.

Jim
    Participant
    #664 |

Sean, I’ll spend some more time on this. Maybe part of my problem is that iTunes seems to change it’s appearance periodically after updates. I’m not sure though that my Anytunes exactly mirrors iTunes in SONGS aALBUMS PLAYLIST ARTISTS. I have link to an Anytunes guide……http://s3.amazonaws.com/Anytune/UserGuide/AnytuneUserGuide3.0-v1.pdf…..however I find no reference to Mac Book. Am I missing something here? Or is there another written guide that I can use to help me? Thanks! Jim

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #665 |

I am embarrassed to say that we still have not produced an up-to-date user guide. We have been working away on a new one, but that one is way out of date and is only for iOS. Sorry. 🙁

iTunes has gone through a number of iterations, especially in the past year or two. iTunes generates information about what is in your music library, and Anytune uses that to populate the lists it shows you. So as long as iTunes is doing the right thing, Anytune will keep itself up-to-date based on the songs and playlists that are in iTunes.

Cheers,

Sean.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.