Tags: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XygzuqlJak
    #71 |

First up – AWESOME app!

i am a member of a choir – and i use your app to review our choir practices – usually about 2 hrs long – so it’s extremely important to me to be able to mark song beginnings and any important sections.
    That being said – i record the choir sessions with a HQ recorder and before i import it into anytune i have to edit it to remove all the long pauses where people are finding their music / long and unnecessary discussions (otherwise it makes revision very tedious – having to constantly skip those bits)  
    After all that explanation – what i want to request is a way of either deleting sections from the music track or perhaps even just marking it with a “skip-me” so that it won’t play that part unless you override it. (i hope i’m explaining myself adequately)
    The other thing i would like to be able to do – is record my voice while playing back (to a different track) – and then being able to play it back (separately or together with the same section of the original track that it was recorded with)
    Also – i would love it if you could implement a long tap (similar to what i saw somebody else has suggested) on the bookmark button so that it would bring an input box asking for a name for the mark (but it would not need to open up the whole marks editor interface)
    Lastly, I expect this is not possible – because if it was i’m sure you would have probably already implemented it. (either that or it is a feature already and i haven’t worked it out yet)
    i dont know what they are called – but when you have an audiobook they have all the chapters ‘bookmarked’ into the audio file itself (so if you hit next it takes you to the next chapter – not the next file). It would be really great if the export was able to create a file like this using the saved audiomark and saved loop information (the loops would not work as loops in the audio file – but would just act as regular bookmarks). This could be done either with the whole track or just a selected section.
    Thanks for your continued excellent work!
    XygzuqlJak
    #175 |

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #176 |

Thanks for taking the time to post all that!

We’ve had some other requests for something like a “skip mark” to accomplish exactly what you’re asking. We started into implementing it, but were not completely satisfied with the results. We’d like to come back around to it someday, but for right now we’re busy working on other stuff (Anytune Mac in particular).
    If you’re recording outside of Anytune, you could always run the recording through something like Twisted Wave before opening it in Anytune. ie: import your recording into Twisted Wave, edit out the parts, and then Open-In from Twisted Wave into Anytune. I realize it’s not as convenient as an all in one solution. However a purpose built audio editor should make quick work of the task.
    We had envisioned the LiveMix feature eventually becoming a multitrack recorder of sorts. The idea being to do exactly what you’re asking for. To be able to record yourself while playing back, and then be able to mix the backing track or recording track together as you fit. Like so many other features, we just haven’t had the time to build it all. However using Audiobus and an Audiobus enabled DAW along with something like Vocalive you could do it. Use Anytune for the backing track, use Vocalive for the mic input. Add them both as inputs in Audiobus, and use the DAW as an output. The DAW will be able to record each track separately, and allow you to mix them. Again, not as convenient as having it all in Anytune, but it is possible.
    We don’t currently have a long tap to edit marks, however if you double tap the mark, it will bring up the editor. I realize you’re asking for a simple editor that just pops up and asks for a new mark name. Give the double tap a try and see what you think.
    With respect to the chapters – we had looked into them and were hoping we might even be able to embed the audiomark name into the chapter data. However there were limitiations in the way the audio file format worked that made that pretty challenging. We did not consider just creating them as chapters without necessarily trying to include the mark name. That might be do-able. Will open a case for engineering to look at that.
    It’s great to hear you like Anytune!
    Cheers,
    Sean.
    XygzuqlJak
    #208 |

Hey Sean!

You’ve made some good suggestions that i’ll have to look into.
    I was not aware that a double-tap on an audiomark could bring up the audiomark editor screen – so thanks for that! I will certainly use it- but unfortunately it doesn’t achieve what i really wanted – which was a really quick way to (while the track is still playing) hit the ‘mark’ button and be prompted for the mark details. in order to use this double tap the audio either needs to be paused or running very slowly.
    I really appreciate your quick & helpful response and your great attitude!
    Thanks
    Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #209 |

You’re quite welcome!

I think I have a better understanding what you’re asking for now… maybe. 😉 Do you typically do this with marks that are already created, or would this be at mark creation time? In other words, are we talking about a “create and edit mark” as opposed to a create mark, and then later come back around to edit it by using a more convenient gesture?
    Sean.
    XygzuqlJak
    #210 |

Yes I am talking about “create and edit”
    (at creation time) 🙂

Are there any other music editors that you know of / can recommend? You mentioned Twisted Wave – but I am just wondering if there are any other options.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #211 |

I have captured an internal case for engineering to look into adding some sort of create and edit mark mechanism. Not sure if we’ll be able to squeeze that in to our next major release or not.

I have not personally made use of audio editors on the iPad. Several of our customers have mentioned using Twisted Wave and also AudioShare http://kymatica.com/Software/AudioShare (which has some basic edit options).
    Sean.
    XygzuqlJak
    #212 |

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.