Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kyle76
    Participant
    #678 |

What’s the easiest way to move an edited song (with loops created, primarily) from my iPhone to iPad or vice versa? There’s no reason to go through the editing process on both devices.

EDIT: I discovered the Airdrop capability. That should suit my needs.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #680 |

There may be some bugs in the AirDrop support – if it isn’t working for you, I apologize. Our next update will fix it.

You can use the iCloud based backup/restore functionality to move the song settings around.

Sean.

Kyle76
    Participant
    #681 |

It seemed to work fine yesterday moving two songs from iPhone to iPad. Hopefully, it will continue to do so. I really like the app. Once you learn how, creating and fine tuning loops is actually easier than the app I was using previously. Are people using this with a foot pedal as an on-the-fly performance looper? Is that possible?

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #682 |

Glad to hear you like Anytune so far. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve, but it sounds like you’re starting to get through it.

Some folks do use Anytune for live performances, yes. We have a video showing the potential here:

Sean.

Kyle76
    Participant
    #683 |

That’s impressive. How configurable is a pedal like the one shown in the video? Could I use such a pedal along with the app to start and start recording and then play the loop, as many artists do with traditional loopers? I’m more used to recording backing loops on the fly rather than prerecording them as in the demo. Which board brands do you recommend? The irig looks nice, but are there others?

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #685 |

It’s quite configurable. You can use either a MIDI based controller or a Bluetooth Keyboard type controller. https://forums.anytune.us/forums/topic/remote-control-pack-keyboard-help/

There are some slight differences between the two types in terms of capabilities, but they are largely the same. If you want to see what sort of commands you can do, open the Settings and select either MIDI -> Channel Controllers or Remote Control -> Port 1. You will be presented with a list of what can be assigned.

The BlueBoard is nice in that it is MIDI based, and can be used while Anytune is in the background. The IK Multimedia provided configuration app could be better, but it is functional. I’d recommend searching the web for reviews of the iRig BlueBoard to get a better idea of the pros and cons.

The AirTurn or PageFlip cicada type controllers are quite well built, but have the disadvantage of Anytune needing to be the foreground app in order for them to work, due to the way they interface with the iPad.

Having said all of that, Anytune is not setup to be a looper like you’re talking about. It’s not able to record on the fly, set the recording up as a loop, and then let you bounce around the loops. It can be used to re-order a pre-recorded and pre-marked backing track (like the video shows). What you’re describing is something more like what Loopy and similar apps do.

Sean.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.