Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • afischlin
    Participant
    #610 |

It seems there is not preinstalled shortcut for editing marks. I am notably interested in having one for editing loop marks. Now, it would be easy to if there would be a corresponding menu command. Unfortunately there seems to be none in latest Anytune for Mac v1.2 (or have I overlooked something?). Please introduce one in the next version of Anytune for Mac. Note, the menu command “Marks->Add Mark and Edit” comes close, but is not good enough and works only if I have not yet created the loop mark. What I would need is “Marks->Edit Mark”, which would work with currently selected mark (e.g. when navigating in ‘Marks List’ using menu command “Marks->Select Mark->Mark <i>”).

Thanks for your help and cooperation.

afischlin
    Participant
    #611 |

I have to add some further information to clarify my point. I detected that I can easily navigate in the marks list with shortcuts such as Opt-Shift-CursorUp or -Down etc. That is fine. There is also the possibility to click on the mark, to actually select it, and then to hit key <Return> and I can also edit the mark. However, the problem is that navigating in the marks list does not select/activate the current mark. Normally it remains grey and I have first to click on it, exactly what I do not want, or to press key TAB (as I just learned) to accomplish actual selection.

From this follows: Perhaps the entire problem I have could be resolved without a new menu command. All what would be needed is either the automatic full selection/activation of a mark when I navigate with key shortcuts in the marks list. Then Return does what I need. Alternatively, i.e. when the automatic full selection/activation of a mark should not happen when using navigating shortcuts (for more important reasons such as having the wave view active), an edit mode might be necessary, which allows to edit marks of a track more easily by automatically selecting/activating the mark to which the user has navigated.

Any solution possible for this?

P.S.: Of course the third possibility of having a new menu command might still be also a solution.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #613 |

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion.

Adding a keyboard shortcut to edit the current mark shouldn’t be a terribly difficult addition. We could make it behave similarly to the Add Mark and Edit function (we may be able to re-purpose the add mark and edit – not sure yet).

I have filed an enhancement request and tentatively queued it up for Anytune iOS 3.12 and Mac 1.3. We expect to have those releases available sometime around the time OS-X 10.10 is released by Apple.

Sean.

afischlin
    Participant
    #615 |

Thanks Sean. Very responsive and BTW, you won also a new customer with this. I appreciate this willingness to consider such suggestions very much. Note, I am using on the iPad Anytune since quite a while, but not yet on the Mac, where I am still only using the demo version (until now). This is because on the Mac I am since many, many years a faithful ‘Amazing Slowdowner’ and ‘Transcribe’ user. As such I have invested considerable time in marks and loops settings with those programs. Therefore I am a bit reluctant to switch to another program, since redoing all of this is very, very time consuming I would prefer to spend playing. Anyway, I am looking forward to the next version of Anytune for Mac.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #616 |

We try to incorporate features and suggestions when we can and also try to respond to feedback from our customers as quickly as we can.

Just a note, if you’ve got marks for your songs in Anytune for your iPad, you can use the config export email to send them to your Mac for use with the Mac demo version and vice versa. On your iPad select Settings, scroll to the bottom and choose Config Export and send yourself an email with the config attached. Then on your Mac you should be able to open the attached file in the demo version of Anytune. You can double-click on it, or use File->Config Import->Import from File…

With the Mac App Store version of Anytune you can use iCloud to streamline the process (saves you having to send emails back and forth – it will use iCloud instead). We have a video here showing the process between an iPad and an iPhone, but the concepts are the same between an iPad and the Mac.

I mention this in case that saves you some time/energy with song markup since you’ve likely got a number already done on the iPad.

Sean.

afischlin
    Participant
    #617 |

Dear Sean,

Many thanks for all these considerations. I have now purchased Anytune also for the Mac and was easily able to sync between my iPad and the Mac. And yes, you are right, this ability to sync song settings between devices is very, very useful.

However, it does unfortunately not help me with respect to transferring such mark settings from other software. Notably I have invested a lot in Amazing Slowdowner since many, many years. It was under Classic the only such software available and did a wonderful job for me since then. Yet, it lacks e.g. exactly this feature of syncing between iOS devices and the Mac. One reason I got interested in Anytune and I am now very pleased with Anytune. Thanks for this piece of software (please spread that word among all involved and responsible) and thanks for your particular considerate response.

Cheers,
    Andreas flf

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #618 |

Understood Andreas,

We have not attempted to look at or reverse engineer the file formats that Transcribe or Amazing Slow Downer use to save their song markup information. I could certainly see it being useful to have a converter of some variety, but it could potentially become a rats nest in short order trying to keep up with the formats that other tools use.

Happy practicing!

Sean.

afischlin
    Participant
    #619 |

Dear Sean,

I fully understand. I am a programmer myself and have been looking into this a bit. To no avail. Amazing Slowdowner presets are binary files where intimate knowledge would be required to write a translator/converter, which I don’t have.

Thus I started redoing mark setting with Anytune. Fortunately that works well. And that’s exactly where I need speed in editing, where the wanted shortcut would come handy.

Now, back to practicing, indeed 😉

Andreas flf

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.