Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • hb
    Participant
    #535 |

I would like to be able to make live recordings and do some initial tuning using Anytune on my iPhone. I would then like to transfer this work in progress to Anytune on my iPad. Is this possible? Thanks.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #536 |

Yes, you can do this.

You can export an original, unmodified version of the track for free to either email or Open-In to an app like Dropbox (which I would recommend – since it avoids email attachment limits).

Tap the sharing icon (looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it). Select Export -> Original Song. Select Email or Open-In, and tap the button. Either send yourself an email, or Open-In to Dropbox.

Then on your iPad open the email using the mail app (if you used email) tap to download the attachment, and then press and hold on the audio file to bring up the open in menu. Select Anytune.

If you used Dropbox, then you can go into Anytune on your iPad, tap the green + button in the Tunes list, select Dropbox, and then find where you put the recording. Tap the recording to import it.

Sean.

hb
    Participant
    #537 |

Thanks for the info, Sean. I currently use the Anytune pro version, and would like to move modified track, complete with marks and notes, between two iOS devices. Ideally, I would use the new iOS Air Drop feature, as I am often in the field without Internet, access, or cell service.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #538 |

You can in fact make use of AirDrop to send the song.

Choose the Open-In export type.

If there are AirDrop enabled devices nearby, you should see them show up in the AirDrop list one they are discovered. Select the AirDrop destination. On the destination device, you should be presented with a permissions dialog, followed by a menu of apps that can accept the song for import. Anytune will be on that list. Select it.

I just tried this out, and it worked fine from my iPhone 5 to my iPad Air.

What is currently missing is the ability to send the song configuration over AirDrop. Currently you can make use of iCloud backup/restore to transfer the song settings, or you can use email. But that requires network access.

We have a video here about how to use the iCloud backup/restore.

hb
    Participant
    #539 |

Ah, the iCloud works. Thanks. Anytune is a great tool. It is part of my daily work flow. I look forward to being able to transfer configured files via AirDrop.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #540 |

I have opened a case for us to look at adding that capability in a future update.

Glad to hear you find Anytune to be a useful part of your workflow!

Sean.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.