Tags: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vintagedtw
    #80 |

Is anyone having any issues using the iRig with Livemix? I find that I’m not getting enough gain on my instrument feed as compared to my iTunes audio level. I have to turn the fader on the Gain/Mix control almost all the way to the left and I have to turn my bass (MTD K5) signal all the way up, just so I can get close to the iTunes levels. When I turn up the overall volume on my iPad, I start to get a ringing type of feedback coming thru my headphones.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thx, Toads

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #162 |

Do you notice this with any other apps, or does it seem to be a problem with just Anytune?

For instance, if you use you iRig with Amplitube, or Garageband does there seem to be a gain issue there?
    We have tested with an iRig and LiveMix and had not noticed any issues, but it does seem to be somewhat dependent upon what type of guitar is being connected.
    If you are able to make use of another app for audio input successfully, then you can always disable LiveMix in Anytune, use Anytune to do your music playback/slow down, and use Amplitube to handle the guitar input. With the right settings enabled in Amplitube, you can mix them both. If you’ve got Audiobus there are even more possibilities.
    Hope that helps.
    Sean.
    Vintagedtw
    #165 |

No, I didn’t have any issues with any amp simulation type apps that I use. The Audiobus idea worked out great though.

Thanks so much,
    Toads

By the way, really great app with a super user-friendly interface!

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #166 |

Hi Toads,

Thanks for letting me know that it works OK for you with the other apps. Glad to hear my suggestion helped. One of the cool things about using Audiobus together with Anytune is that you can also use a combination of apps to record yourself. So you could have an amp simulation app for your input, Anytune for your background tracks, and dump the whole mix to a recording or DAW app!
    We are planning on separating the input gain from the music gain in our next update. We may also have to look at tweaking the way we manage the input gain, since clearly something isn’t working quite right there with some setups.
    Cheers!
    Sean.
    ralfq90119013992
    #178 |

Hello,

Got the same problem (weak instrument level in Anytune) using a Fender Precision bass and GuitarConnect Cable from Griffin Technology.

I know that this item is not listed in your compatibility list…but it works great with applications like Amplitube, PocketGK…so I wish it would be the same with yours 🙁

My opinion is that any app claiming to allow the use of a connected musical instrument should offer a specific built-in gain control for it.

You app is great but not cheap when compared to others so I hope it will be a new feature, soon.

Thank you.

Migheli.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #179 |

Hello Migheli,

Our next major update of Anytune will include boost on the gain as well as separate controls for the music and input gains. The combination of those two things should improve the levels across the various guitar input hardware and guitar types.
    Also, you do not have to use Anytune’s LiveMix to play along. If you want, you can use Amplitube and Anytune at the same time. So you could use Amplitube for your input and Anytune for the backing track. The two play together nicely.
    If you have Audiobus and an Audiobus enabled DAW (or even an Audiobus enabled recording app) you can even record the mix of input from Amplitube and Anytune. Check out this post for a bit more info on Audiobus:
    Sean.
    ralfq90119013992
    #180 |

Hello Sean,

Thanks for your answer.

Nice to hear that there will be soon an update including a gain control for connected instrument.

Regarding the use of Anytune and Amplitube simultaneously, I agree that it works but in my experience, only if you choose the basic quality for sound…In Pro an HQ mode, the sound is highly degraded, clipped. Probably because the resources used in this mode are too important to work along with Amplitube… So I would prefer to use one app only. But if you have any suggestion on how get rid of the problem I’ve described, please, let me know.

Thank you.

Migheli.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #181 |

Hmm.

I’m not sure why you’d be having trouble with using the two at the same time. Many of our customers do exactly that. 
    What sort of device are you using? 
    It’s possible that with a first gen iPad or iPhone 3GS that there may not be enough resources to pull it off, but the newer devices should be capable of supporting both running at the same time.
    Sean.
    carolinaland64
    Participant
    #4481 |

I am not getting any guitar sound when connected with iRig. Went to privacy settings, but Anytune is not showing up on that list. Help?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.