Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • jb_motohead
    Participant
    #43 |

I have the Pro+ Version of Anytune

Is it possible to do fast forward and rewind using ear-bud headphone double-click-hold and triple-click-hold like in the case of the iphone’s music player? (I couldn’t find this facilities. ) If not, can  it added as it will be a useful feature especially when you use anytune during walking, jogging etc. 
    I like Anytune but I have to go back to using iphone’s own player due to above reason.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #114 |

It is a possibility, yes. You’re the first one to ask for it.

I have captured a case for us to look into adding support for ff and rewind in a future update.

Thanks for taking the time to give us the suggestion!

Sean.

jb_motohead
    Participant
    #115 |

Thank you very much Sean for your quick response.

Another feature request:

I have been using Vocalive of IK Multimedia for singing along.  I bought the full version of Vocalive.  Now that I got Anytune, I am using Vocalive only for (mic input-audio mix) with Anytune.  Vocalive has a feature of “no voice”. What it does is from a song it eliminates or reduces the vocal so that it is very good to practice songs with the original background music.  It will be very nice to have the “no voice” feature in Anytune so that it will be huge advantage for those who want to learn songs.  One can hear the song with vocal many times and learn it using the slow-down, loop repeat features of Anything and then once comfortable we can initiate the “no voice” (it could be like a preset EQ feature) and sing along for more learning!
    I know there are some songs (those of which vocals are not in the center of the mix) will not have good result in “no voice” method, but most will work.
    Please consider.  I am sure this will attract more of vocalists to use your application.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #116 |

Hello again!

Vocal reduction is very high on our to do list – both for vocalists as well as for folks who want to pick out a particular instrument. We did try a simple center channel cancelation algorithm, but did not feel the results were that great. As a result, we wanted to spend some more time on it to see about getting something implemented with better results.
    Thanks for confirming that we’re heading in the right direction with that!
    Sean.
    jb_motohead
    Participant
    #117 |

Hi Sean,

I am pleased to know that it is on the active list.
    Indeed you are on the right track.
    Anytune already have the bells and whistles for practicing. Vocal Reduction will indeed be an added attraction.

jb_motohead
    Participant
    #118 |

And later if you could add effects like delay, echo, Reverb etc to be applied on the input/mic, we will have one full system within the same application Anutunes

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #119 |

Cool – we’ve been thinking about adding an EQ to the input side, and effects would certainly be a logical addition as well. Now we just need more hours in the day. 😉

Sean.
    jb_motohead
    Participant
    #120 |

Some suggestions for operation of Anytune with iPhone head-set with mic controls  (useful for those who walk, jog while using Anytune for song practice/hearing)

Single Click
    •    Play/Pause Music
    Double Click
    •    Skip Track (while playing music, it will play the next track in the play list)
    •    If in loop play mode A-B, plays from the end of B
    •    While in loop play mode Double Click again, will skip track and play from next track
    Triple Click
    •    Beginning of the track being played
    •    Previous Track (if playing and within 5 seconds from the beginning of the track)
    •    If in loop play mode A-B, plays from the start of A
    •    While in loop play mode. Triple click again, play from the beginning of the track (outside the A-B range)
    Press Twice and Hold
    •    Fast Forward Music
    Press Three Times and Hold
    •    Rewind Music

Press Once and Hold
    •    Activivate/deactivate loop play of already set range

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #121 |

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve captured them in our feature tracking system.

Single click works as you describe.
    Double click moves to next track, but does not take into consideration loop mode.
    Triple click moves to the beginning of the track, or to the previous track, depending upon where you are in the track. It does not take into account loop mode.
    Fast forward and rewind are not implemented.
    Apple does not provide (that I can see anyway) provide an event for Press Once and Hold – that would typically be used for activating Siri.
    Sean.

jb_motohead
    Participant
    #124 |

I listen music mostly while I walk/jog or drive. When I walk/jog, I use the headphone with mic and remote.  While driving, I use the “multiple audio splitter with Apple RC” of iLuv 
    http://www.iluv.com/product_list.asp?page=2&icd=iCB107&pcd=I2027&code1=C010207,C010206
    and connect the iPhone to it with one output connected to the aux-in of my car.  I use the remote control quite a lot for play/pause, FF, Rewind, Previous Track, Next track etc.  I used to use the  iPhone’s Music Player before.  Now I use Anytunes alll the time.  
    I notice that while playing Anytunes and doing Remote Control, (RC) operations, instead of doing the operations in Anytunes, the Play/Pause gets activated in the iPhone’s Music Player irrespective of whether the Music Player was open/active.  I suspect, it happens when I use the Anytune with LiveMix turned on (I normally turn it on to use Vocalive for the sing along application using Anytune for by backing track and Vocalive for the  vocal/mic-in).  It is so disturbing.  Is there a way to ensure that the RC operations are applied only the Anytune while Anytyne is active?  I understand you still are trying to implement some of the missing RC operations as per discussions above.

Another point is can we consider more than one looping segment A-B, say loop 1, loop 2, etc.  For song practice, we may require more than one portion saved as loop.  We may then be able to skip to the next loop after learning the 1st loop and learn and revisit the 1st loop again.  Consider some RC operations for such skipping too while loop is enabled.  Lot of people with poor eyesight can also take advantage of the RC operations – iPhone does not have a big screen!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #125 |

I notice that while playing Anytunes and doing Remote Control, (RC) operations, instead of doing the operations in Anytunes, the Play/Pause gets activated in the iPhone’s Music Player irrespective of whether the Music Player was open/active.  I suspect, it happens when I use the Anytune with LiveMix turned on (I normally turn it on to use Vocalive for the sing along application using Anytune for by backing track and Vocalive for the  vocal/mic-in).  It is so disturbing.  Is there a way to ensure that the RC operations are applied only the Anytune while Anytyne is active?  I understand you still are trying to implement some of the missing RC operations as per discussions above.

When Anytune detects that you are trying to mix audio with other apps live Vocalive (and soon Audiobus in 3.7) it has to enable a setting in the audio subsystem that allows Anytune’s audio to mix with the other app’s audio. That setting is not compatible with the remote controls – as soon as an app enables it, remote control events are no longer sent to the app. This is an iOS limitation. So if you are doing a session with Vocalive, and then want to use Anytune in player mode you will have to force Anytune to exit (home button, press and hold Anytune, hit the little x) to restore the remote control operations.

Another point is can we consider more than one looping segment A-B, say loop 1, loop 2, etc.  For song practice, we may require more than one portion saved as loop.  We may then be able to skip to the next loop after learning the 1st loop and learn and revisit the 1st loop again.

You can save multiple loops in Anytune already. Bring up the loop controls, move A and B to where you want to save the first loop. Tap the “Add loop button” in the loop control panel. It will change to a delete loop button. Reposition the A and B slider to somewhere else in the song.  The button will change to an add loop button again, and you can save it. You can do this as many times as you want. You can then navigate to the loops using the audiomark navigation buttons, or bring up the list in the audiomark control panel.

Sean.

jb_motohead
    Participant
    #126 |

Thanks for your quick response.
    1. Logically whatever application is in the forefront should get the priority for the RC operations (in My case Anytune is in the forefront and Vocalive is running in the background (red bar on the top of Active Anytune Window) and default “Music” player of iPhone is not running and not visible, but still the RC operations applied to “Music” player. Ideally there should be something in the “Settings” which can conveniently control the RC. Is it something that can be achieved in the future? Even when Anytune is Audobus enable it will still have the limitation?  Hoping to get this resolved.
    2. Somehow I could not save multiple loops in Anytunes.  I tried the method you suggested, but it does not allow me to reposition as I am given with only two choices of (1) the Red button of ” DELETE ” (loop mark ‘2 – loop mark’?) (2) the white button “CANCEL.”. Cancel will take me back to where I was.  Is there any other user-friendly way?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #127 |

1. Logically, I completely agree with you. This is a limitation of iOS. Feel free to email Apple and complain about it. The best we could conceivably do would be to add an setting that would enable/disable sharing of the audio with other apps. Disabling sharing would allow the remote controls to work, but would prevent using Vocalive/Audiobus with Anytune at the same time.

2. So when you touch the A handle (in yellow) on either waveform and move it after creating a loop Anytune is not re-enabling the “add loop” button? ie: Create a loop. Touch the yellow A handle in the top or bottom waveform, and move it to the left or right. Once you do that, the delete loop button *should* change to the add loop button.

The loop saving is done regardless of where the playhead is. ie: the playhead position doesn’t really matter. It’s based on where the A and B positions are (with the A being the key one). Sometimes you may find that the A or B buttons are disabled because the playhead is in a position where it would not be possible to move the A given where the B is located. The two cannot wind up on the opposite sides of each other – if that makes sense (A cannot be after B, and B cannot be before A).
    Sean.
    jb_motohead
    Participant
    #128 |

Thanks a lot.
    Got it.
    Now I know how to save multiple loops

jb_motohead
    Participant
    #134 |
    Sean,

Any further good news on the following:

1-Vocal Reduction
    2- EQ and Fx to be applied on Mic In

Shall appreciate some information/time line.

Mathew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.