Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #54 |

A little known feature of OS-X is that you can create custom keyboard shortcuts for almost any application, as long as the command you want to do is exposed through a menu item. Here’s how, for example, you could assign a custom keyboard shortcut for the Bass Effects Music EQ preset.

Select the system preferences and choose Keyboard.

1. Select the Shortcuts tab
    2. Select App Shortcuts
    3. Tap the + button

Select the Application (Anytune) from the drop down list.
    Type in the Menu Title that you want to assign to a keyboard shortcut exactly as it appears on your screen, with -> replacing the submenus.

For example, to create a keyboard shortcut for the Music EQ Preset Bass Effects, you would type:

Music->Music EQ Presets->Bass Effects

Enter a keyboard shortcut in the shortcut field
    Tap Add.

You should then see it show up in the list of keyboard shortcuts listing:
    And it will also appear in the menu item in the app:
    These steps should work for any Mac app, not just Anytune.

sachama
    Participant
    #774 |

Hi,
    I would like to use these shortcuts when Anytune does not run in my main window, i.e. when I write a report in Word and want to control a song by start/stop without changing windows.
    Any idea how to do it?
    In Airport Express it works by using function keys F6 for Stop, F5 for Start.
    Thanks

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #775 |

There may be some utility app that could be used to direct a hotkey press to a specific app like Anytune… but I am not aware of one. There are quite a few for changing keys while the app is active, but not when it is not the focus app.

To my understanding, we would need to specifically add support for something like this to Anytune itself. We do allow remote control via MIDI messages which would work with Anytune. So if you had a MIDI keyboard or some other device like that you could control Anytune that way.

But this doesn’t necessarily help with exactly what you’re trying to do. Are you looking to make notes while transcribing/practising, or are you using Anytune as a ‘music player’?

Sean.

sachama
    Participant
    #776 |

I am using Anytune for two different tasks: the classical one and as a replacement to Expressscribe. Sorry for my error: it I meant Express scribe not airport express. Do you know express scribe?

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #777 |

Thanks for the clarification!

It looks like that is something Express Scribe built into their application.

We would have to do likewise I think and specifically add support for hotkeys from within Anytune. I will open a case with engineering to look into it.

Sean.

sachama
    Participant
    #778 |

OK. If you need a call to better understand the use case or a screenshot of the Express Scribe preference screen do not hesitate to ask.
    Regards

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #779 |

If you wouldn’t mind sending a screenshot of the prefs, that would be useful.

I’m not sure that the forums really allow for an image upload…

So if you open Anytune, select the Help menu and then Email Support and attach the screenshot to the email, that would be great. I’ll see it when it comes into our support system.

Sean.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.