Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • cgermain
    Participant
    #699 |

Hi,

I installed Anytune on my mac os Yosemite (iMac). I authorize access to iTune Library (Macintosh HD/User/myname/Music/iTunes) like proposed to me by Anytune. After that I can’t see any information in iTunes section (left panel), no songs, list, artist and albums. Can you help me to fix this problem.

Thanks.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #700 |

One other person contacted us with an issue like this, and it appeared to be related to bad data written by iTunes to the file that Anytune reads to get the iTunes library information.

You can try the following to see if it will fix it for you – open the About Anytune window. In the bottom right you will see a filename that points to the iTunes Library XML file that Anytune is using. Quit Anytune, and quit iTunes. Then delete the iTunes Library xml file. Start iTunes. It will regenerate the file. Then start Anytune – with any luck it will clear it up. If it doesn’t, then it probably means there is some character somewhere in the metadata of one of the tracks that is causing the file to not be read properly by Anytune.

The good news is that we have a change coming in our next update that will let Anytune read the file even with the bad data.

In the meantime, you can still use Anytune by dragging and dropping files from iTunes into the All Tunes list in Anytune. Or you can use the File -> Add to Anytune…

I apologize for the trouble. The Mac version of Anytune has been available for over a year, and it is only recently that this has shown up as an issue. It could be Apple has inadvertently added a bug in the most recent versions of iTunes or in Yosemite. 🙁

Sean.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #701 |

By the way, if you are willing to try out a Beta version of Anytune with the fix, it would be great to have it verified before we release the next update. If you are willing to do so, we’ll need the UDID from your Mac:
    http://www.imore.com/find-mac-udid-mac-app-store-beta-testing

Please email it to our support address and we’ll get you hooked up.
    http://anytune.us/contact-us/

Thanks!

Sean.

cgermain
    Participant
    #702 |

Hi,

I tried the procedure and it does not work. But I can’t always use drag and drop files from iTunes or File -> Add to Anytune.

Thanks,

Oh yes, I’m willing to try your beta version. Email with info will follow

cgermain
    Participant
    #703 |

Opps,

typo , supposed to be
    But I ” can ” always use drag and drop files from iTunes or File -> Add to Anytune.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #704 |

I see your email – we’ll be in touch shortly once we are ready with the Mac 1.3 beta.

Sean.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.