Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • confusion1984
    Participant
    #38 |

Is anyone else having trouble with “open-in” using gmail? I simply can’t import songs that I have received and/or sent using my gmail account. I touch and hold the filename, as per Anytune’s open-in instructions, but the Anytune option won’t show, no matter how many times I try to resend the song to my email. I am not sure if this is relevant, but I have Anytune application running while trying to import songs. Is this a matter of updating Anytunes since the iOS has seen some updates as of recently? If so, please guys, make an update available SOON!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #101 |

The Open-In functionality is part of the operating system – there is nothing we can do beyond what Anytune already does.

Do you have lots of apps showing in your Open-In list for your songs?
    What version of iOS are you using?

In iOS 5.x there were only a limited number of apps that would appear in the list. In iOS 6.x the Open-In panel should show all of the apps. However, it is not always obvious that you can scroll the display, so try moving it left/right and or up/down and see if it shows up that way.
    Finally, are you using the built in Mail app, or are you using a gmail web-app, or the Google mail app? All of our testing is done with the built-in Mail app – and we use Google as our backend email with it to do Open-In songs with no problem.
    Sean.
    confusion1984
    Participant
    #102 |

Hi Sean, thank you very much for the prompt reply.

BINGO! It has to be done via the built-in Mail app! Neither the web GMail nor the GMail app will show the “open-in” using Anytune.

Just for the record, I am running on iOS 6.x and I do not have any other music app, not even a basic music player, than the built-in.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #103 |

Glad I could help. 🙂

Sean.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.