Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Brendan Creane
    Participant
    #705 |

Hi All, I’m loving AnyTune v1.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.10.2. Quick question about “Go To Previous/Next Mark” – it sometimes works when playing, but usually I have to stop play back and then skip to the next/previous mark. This is true for both the keyboard short cut and also for clicking on the menu item. Its a seemingly small problem, but actually intrusive to have to stop playback when learning a tune. Is this a bug? Any plans to fix the problem?

thanks, Brendan

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #706 |

Hi Brendan,

Anytune should let you navigate marks regardless of whether or not you are playing back the song.

Chances are that you may have enabled the “Play Next” feature which is designed to let you queue up the next mark for playback, but only triggers the seek to the selected mark when playback hits the next mark or encounters the end of a loop.

Open the Marks menu, and if Play Next is enabled, turn it off. It should then behave as you are expecting it to.

Sean.

Brendan Creane
    Participant
    #707 |

Thanks Sean, that was my problem. In terms of UI, shouldn’t the disabled menu items be grayed out when “Play Next” is enabled? Otherwise, it seems like AnyTunes should act on the keypress/menu click.

I’m looking forward to being able to read the Mac User Guide when its ready – there are some great features which I haven’t deciphered yet.

thanks again, Brendan

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #708 |

It does act on it.

If you have the Marks panel open on the left, and you start using the previous/next mark buttons, you will see a play next arrow move to the mark that will be used as the target.

This video here will give you some ideas as to what Play Next is about. It’s mostly demoed on the iPad, but the concepts are identical.

The user guide, I am embarrassed to say still isn’t ready. We are making progress on it, but its taken us WAY longer than we were expecting. So many things to do. 🙁

Sean.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.