Tags: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • flyinblind
    Participant
    #31 |

I have to start Anytune a number of times (more than 10) and it just collapses as if there was a time-out. As of right now I am not sure if I can get it started at all. I have an iPad 2 with the latest OS and plenty of disk space. I have a rather large number of songs imported into iTunes. What can I di to avoid these crashing startups?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    #89 |

Hello, first let me apologize for the annoyance having Anytune fail to start.

Chances are you’re running into an issue that we think we’ve fixed in our upcoming 3.5 release. The problem stems from some “housekeeping” work that is run on startup. When lots of songs have been imported, and there are lots of songs on the device, this housekeeping can take a long time. If it takes too long, then the operating system kills Anytune before it has a chance to start.
    You can workaround it by reducing the number of songs that you have imported in your Tunes list. Pick some songs that you aren’t using as much, and delete them. If you are worried about saving your marks or settings, you can always email yourself a copy of the config export file before you do that so that you have all of your marks etc saved. You can also workaround it by reducing the number of songs on your device. Either or both should help.
    If you have the time, it would be appreciated if you could see if there are any crash logs on your device, and send them to our support email address. This will let us confirm that the problem you’re seeing is the same as the one we think we’ve fixed.
    1. Sync your iPad with iTunes
    2. Find the crash file(s) on your computer
      • Mac OS X ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<name of your device>
      • Windows XPC:Documents and Settings<user>Application DataApple computerLogsCrashReporter/<name of your device>
      • Windows VistaC:Users<user>AppDataRoamingApple computerLogsCrashReporter/MobileDevice/<name of your device>

The crash file names start with Anytune (you may see Anytone) and have the extension “crash”. Please attach the relevant file(s) to an email and send to our support address. 

Hope that helps. Sorry again for the trouble. 🙁
    Sean.
    flyinblind
    Participant
    #90 |

Hi Sean,

Yes, I suspected I hit a time-out due to the many files collected from iTunes. And so I did remove quite a few, including a full course in French. I synced the iPad after that, but still couldn’t start iTunes. I mus have tried on and off for an hour. But it it never came up. I then happened to bring  the Pad with me to a different place “under” a local hotspot. On my way home from there I gave Anytune a new try, and lo and behold, It snapped in without delay. This was several hours after slimming the song list. Maybe the program needed an hour to clean its house.Oddly enough, it looked as if the “imitated snake skin” background on the opening screen was exchanged for a non-textured background. So I wondered if you somehow had managed to install a new Anytone to My iPad. A bit spooky if you did, but anyhow, now Anyune seems spiffy and alert. So, for the time being, it seems that my problem is solved. I would not know how to extract a log file from the iPad, so you’ll have to forego that. BTW, Anytune (pro HQ) worked fine on my iPhone, also before I reduced the number of songs. That saved my day. 
    Best,
    Per
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    #91 |
    Hi Per,

Glad you got it going!

Interesting that the network connection seemed to have something to do with it. Hmm. Not sure what that might be, as we have not seen any indication (error logs) that the startup issue might related to the network. In general, Anytune doesn’t use the network so that’s a bit confusing. And in the cases where it does, it’s not clear why that would have stopped the startup.
    Anytune definitely does not download updates by itself, so I’m not sure about the background image change.
    We’re fairly confident that Anytune 3.5 will fix the housekeeping related startup issue where there are lots of songs on device and in the Tunes list. If there is something else networking related, we may have another one to look into.
    Once 3.5 comes out, do let us know if you experience this again.
    Sorry again for the annoyance. 
    Sean.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.