Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Rory
    Participant
    #565 |

Great to see the developer keeping in such good touch with your users, thank you! I love your app and this is definitely a setback, but certainly not a deal breaker (nice workaround, too. I’m on it 😉 )

Would it be possible to keep a playlist of saved/linked YouTube clips that we could markup as normal, and have the video playing alongside the waveform? So, nothing’s actually downloaded, they’re just links to videos that sync with a locally saved timestamp for loops/slowdown and stuff like that. Is that a possibility, or is adding video too far from AnyTune’s basic premise/code?

Could be a cool (legit) workaround for the future? I’d definitely be stoked!

Thanks again for your awesome app!

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #566 |

Hi Rory,

An interesting suggestion. The main problem is that we have no way of running the audio through our time stretch/pitch adjustment/EQ algorithms since the video would have to play back using the regular streaming video playback mechanisms. Unfortunately those do not allow us access to the audio in such a way that we could do the HQ audio quality adjustments.

We have been thinking about other ways around the problem, but there is nothing that is immediately obvious unfortunately. 🙁

Sean.

nroberts
    Participant
    #567 |

Augh, literally saw this topic just as my update was finishing.

What happened to the feature to import a file from a direct link? I can easily get an mp3 link from a youtube video using something like clipconverter, but I can’t figure out how to get the file into anytune without first downloading it on another computer.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #568 |

We have some facilities to allow downloads of config files for lessons and such but they would not really help with this problem.

Unfortunately, I think you’re going to pretty much have to download it to a computer first, and then sync it over. Either using iTunes or via Dropbox.

Sorry. 🙁

Sean.

PS: Interesting service http://www.clipconverter.cc/

nroberts
    Participant
    #569 |

Here’s the workaround I’ve come up with so far:
    1.Download mercury browser
    2. Navigate to http://www.clipconverter.cc/ in mercury
    3. Paste in the youtube link and choose ‘mp3’
    4. Hold down the download link and choose ‘download link’
    5. From mercury’s file manager, select the file and choose ‘open with other apps’ —>anytune

Pretty convoluted but it works

Sean (Anytune)
    Keymaster
    #570 |

Nice workaround!

Thanks for sharing. I will point to it from the first post in this thread.

Sean.

Sean - Anytune Support

Brandon Kenyon
    Participant
    #576 |

Would my downloaded music in my phone be deleted from my phone when I update

Sean (Anytune)
    Keymaster
    #577 |

Songs that have been downloaded should be fine if you update. They will not be removed.

Sean.

Sean - Anytune Support

Pingubo
    Participant
    #645 |

I have used the workaround with Mercury and clipconverter for a while, and think it’s an ok solution. But the last days I have not been able to paste the YouTube link in clipconverter. When I try, the browser switch to another window (where I am supposed to “add quick link”). Anyone who knows how to solve this?

Kyle76
    Participant
    #684 |

Does SwiftPlayer still work for getting YouTube videos into AnyTune?

Sean (Anytune)
    Keymaster
    #686 |

As far as I’m aware, yes Swift Player can still be used to Open-In to Anytune.

Sean.

Sean - Anytune Support

Kyle76
    Participant
    #687 |

Just so I’m clear: when you import a YouTube video with something like Swift Player, can you watch the videos and create loops or just use the audio portion of the video?

Sean (Anytune)
    Keymaster
    #688 |

Anytune strips the audio out of the video so you can play the audio back just like any other track. It does not show the video.

Sean.

Sean - Anytune Support

Kyle76
    Participant
    #689 |

OK, thanks. Does a program exist that does the same thing with video? That would really be helpful for lesson videos, if you could easily replay certain sections.

Sean (Anytune)
    Keymaster
    #690 |

Quite possibly – I think Swift Player itself has some looping type capabilities. But I have not fooled around with it very much.

Sean.

Sean - Anytune Support

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.