Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #515 |

We were required to remove music download support in Anytune.

This change has taken effect as part of the release of Anytune 3.10.2.

We had no choice but to comply, or Anytune would be removed from the App Store. We apologize for any inconvenience and understand that this was a desirable and well loved feature of Anytune.

For one possible workaround, check out this post.

If you are looking for a simple way to download videos from YouTube for use with Anytune (or in general) take a look at Swift Player.

The app is still available in the App Store for now, and does a terrific job of downloading videos. Once downloaded, you can use Open-In to import the song into Anytune.

robdbirch
    Participant
    #516 |

Any chance of selling a non App Store version?
    To keep those excellent features.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #517 |

Unfortunately there is no real way of selling Anytune for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch outside of the App Store. It is the only legitimate distribution mechanism for apps on iOS devices.

robdbirch
    Participant
    #518 |

Thanks, for the reply.
    I would like to keep the old version and the new version to keep getting product updates.

I think I will try to keep the old version by using this technique: http://brian-webster.tumblr.com/post/63507547779/how-to-keep-app-store-from-updating-old-versions-of

Not sure if it will work.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #519 |

The main thing to do would be to disable automatic app updates on your iPhone/iPad. After doing that you will unfortunately have to manually update your apps.

You can also make a backup of specific versions of your apps. In iTunes, go to your Library -> Apps and find Anytune. Right-Click -> “Show in Finder” and then backup a copy of the Anytune.ipa file somewhere, so that if you do get updated you can re-install the backed up version.

robdbirch
    Participant
    #520 |

Excellent, thank you.
    I got the OS X app and the iOS app features mixed up.

Ed Engel
    Participant
    #525 |

The Android version will still allow the user to download from YouTube?

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #526 |

Hi Ed,

There is no Android version of Anytune at this time. So it’s unaffected. 😉

Sean.

Grace Heather
    Participant
    #529 |

Stupid youtube! Most people just want to learn a song by using anytune not steal it.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #530 |

It is unfortunate Grace.

It seems that both YouTube and Apple are to cracking down on apps that allow downloads of YouTube videos. It would be nice if they provided a way of allowing us to offer the downloading feature without running afoul of the terms of service, but so far they have offered no alternative. 🙁

Brandon Kenyon
    Participant
    #541 |

Is it possible that youtube would sue you guys if people refuse to update?

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #544 |

Hi Brandon,

Not likely. What would happen though is that Anytune would be removed from sale in the App Store.

Sean.

Brandon Kenyon
    Participant
    #550 |

If youtube says anything about terminating our youtube account or Apple ID if we don’t update the app let us know

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #551 |

I do not think that is likely to be a problem Brandon, but if something should change we’ll be sure to post.

Sean.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #552 |

FYI – there is a good discussion going on over on the Audiobus forums as well regarding the upcoming removal of the download feature.

One tip which I suggested there, and repeat below:

If you happen to have purchased Anytune Pro or Anytune Pro+ rather than the free Anytune, you could always get the free one now to use for the download functionality and keep it backed up at 3.10.1. Then make use of the free version to export the original downloaded tracks to Pro+ via Open-In… just sayin’. 😉

That way you could still update Anytune Pro+ as we release updates to get the new Audiobus SDK (among other things), while still having a relatively convenient way of getting downloaded tracks into Pro+.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.