Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anonymous
    #13 |

Anytune supports MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC (.m4a) and Apple Lossless. Anytune will also extract the audio from most videos.

Anytune cannot play DRM protected files, as Apple does not let developers read them. Anytune will not playback MIDI files, but there are some online tools available that will let you convert MIDI files to mp3s. iTunes can also do the conversion.

If you are running into files that Anytune will not play, then it’s likely that the files are protected (DRM encumbered). Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this, as it is an Apple limitation that third party developers are not permitted to access protected content. Examples of protected files would be older iTunes purchased music (current purchases are DRM free), and purchased audio books.

You can check to see if a file is protected by taking the following steps:

1. Open iTunes and find one of the song that is not playing back for you in Anytune.
    2. Do a “Get Info” on it.
    3. On the “Summary” tab, it will show you the “Kind” of file.

Recent iTunes purchases should show: “Purchased AAC Audio File”
    Those should play back OK.

Older iTunes purchases will show: “Protected AAC audio File”
    Those will not play back in Anytune.

Here are some ways you can convert protected files to unprotected files.

Mad
    Participant
    #4760 |

So I’ve just bought your $20+ app, have a subscription to Apple Music, have now downloaded an extra file converter which for some reason is mandatory for your apps service, and I still can’t get any viable file for anytune onto my iPad. I’m also severely frustrated with the terrible click bait help sections. Won’t ever use your products again, I can’t believe you charged twenty dollars for an unusable app.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4762 |

Sorry for the trouble with Apple Music songs. Anytune cannot play Digital Rights Management (DRM) protected files including streamed songs from Apple Music.

There are banner ads in the free version of Anytune but there should not be any banners in the Pro+. These are two different apps, perhaps you are running Anytune instead of Anytune Pro+. See http://anytune.us/products/anytune-features/ for the differences.

If the file is not DRMed you can sync it to your device through iTunes or Import it directly with Open-In, Dropbox, WiFi.

Please anytune.us/contact-us if things are not working for you. If there is a bug we would like to get it fixed as quick. I apologize for your experience.

Anytune plays MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC (.m4a) and Apple Lossless music files. Anytune will also extract the audio from most videos files. Anytune can play songs directly from your iTunes library but cannot play DRM protected files.

Apple Music (and Spotify, …) songs are DRM encumbered “copy protected” and cannot be played by Anytune.

We are also trying to negotiate an arrangement with Spotify, and others to provide Anytune access to the their music libraries.

We expect that Apple will provide a method to enable Anytune to access the song data, but we do not know when. Apple has not yet provided a commitment or forecast.

We will add the ability to play Apple Music songs as soon as we can. I understand your disappointment.

It Apple Music is your only source of music you can get a refund from Apple, who handles the purchases and refunds for all App Store purchases.

Go to the receipt Email “Your receipt from Apple.” for Anytune and click the Report a Problem link in your Email and ask for a refund, or go to iTunes Purchase History.

Bob Shockey
    Participant
    #4778 |

While I have certainly attempted to use Protected AAC files at times, I have removed them when I realized they would not work. However, I just switched to a new iPad, and now Anytune is identifying some MPEG files as protected. These are files that previously worked just fine. What do I do? I need to practice these songs, and I am stuck. Your product should really not be identifying a perfectly good DRM-free song as protected erroneously like this!

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4779 |

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the trouble. Anytune will play songs if the operating system let’s us play them. Anytune does not decide it a file is DRMed.

Are you playing songs from your device’s music library or a file directly imported to Anytune?

Can you play the some from the Music App?

Please have a look at http://anytune.us/blog/faq-items/importing-fails-problem/.

Also have a look at http://anytune.us/blog/faq-items/apple-music/.

Using the iCloud Music Library may cause songs on your device to be overwritten with DRM versions making them unplayable on Anytune, even songs that you own and were previously playable.

If you are using Apple Music and a song you own is not playable in Anytune you may need to disable the iCloud Music Library and re-sync your device with iTunes, to retrieve the non protected version of the file.

Computer: iTunes > Preferences > General > iCloud Music Library = [uncheck]
    Device: Settings > Music > iCloud Music Library = [ switch off]

Please anytune.us/contact-us if you are still having trouble.

Robert Norton
    Participant
    #4825 |

So I’ve just bought your $20+ app, have a subscription to Apple Music, have now downloaded an extra file converter which for some reason is mandatory for your apps service, and I still can’t get any viable file for anytune onto my iPad. I’m also severely frustrated with the terrible click bait help sections. Won’t ever use your products again, I can’t believe you charged twenty dollars for an unusable app.

Geez. I’ve been using AnyTune Pro for years, and its a fantastic app, and the team work very hard to get support inquiries very quickly. I’m not an employee or associated in any way… i’m just a customer, just like everybody else.

The thing I have had to do more recently to get songs actually downloaded to my device is to add those songs to a playlist that is stored on my device, and THEN click the download link, the cloud icon, its easiest to do all at once.

I have a playlist called “playlist for downloads” and I just add any song I want to use in anytune to that playlist, and since the playlist is marked as “downloaded” any song I add to that playlist gets autodownloaded.

If it helps at all, I’m using the public beta for ios 11 and Apple is finally allowing full access to the apple music library, and its been a limitation that Apple put in olace, it fidn’t work this way in the past. So, later this year at least Apple Music songs will be available much more easily. It almost works in the beta. Getting there, and I for obe am very excited.

dill pickle 711
    Participant
    #4853 |

Cool

dill pickle 711
    Participant
    #4854 |

Let me play music!!!!!!!

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4855 |

Are you having trouble? Songs downloaded into your device’s music library that are NOT DRMed will play.

anytune.us/contact-us

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.