Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • ZatKat Music
    Participant
    #5146 |

After trying to search for this a few ways with no luck, I thought I’d try actually asking.

I have a lot of self-made audio files I’d like to work with on all my devices – MacBookPro, iPadPro, and iPhone X. I’ve bought the full/pro version of the app for all devices.

I had hoped to store the files in a cloud service – iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive – and be able to sync the changes as I work with them on my various devices.

As I understand it, this entails having each audio file with its companion config file on each device that I want to work with that file on.

While it’s very easy to import files (not from the iTunes library, but my own cloud-stored set of files) into the MacOS version, I can’t see any way to do a bulk import for a set of files into my iOS AnyTune Pro apps on my iOS devices. It it extremely wasteful of time to import them one by one to each device — and then get the config files — which appear to have to be exported from the last device I used and imported into the one I’m going to use.

And this (export config from last used device, transfer to device to be used next, etc) has to happen every time I get ready to start work, since I don’t see a way to have AnyTune send the latest version of the config (and song file if changes were made to it) to the cloud when I’m finished on that device. It could be either automatically when I quit, or via a button to initiate sync.

I’m taking time to write NOW because I have 79 files I need to transfer from the cloud to my devices. That’s a lot of selecting songs one at a time. I’ve done the first 10 or so to my iPad — but now I want those same ones on iPhoneX. I haven’t begun working on them so there’s no config files yet.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #5150 |

You are correct. You can use a file sharing service to make songs available to all your devices. If toy use iTunes to sync your files Anytune can play them directly from your device’s media library. You can restore Anytune’s config which includes all the sing data including marks, nites, lyrics, playlists, … for all your songs in one action.

Anytune allows you to save your song data (settings, lyrics, notes and marks) for all or a single song to iCloud or a file. This allows you to share your music meta data across your devices or with your friends.

Anytune does not save your song files to iCloud (it only saves the data). Data syncing works like a backup and restore. First you backup your song data then you restore the song data to matching songs on your same or different device that has the same song files. The songs must be there first.

When you want to restore your work from one device (Mac) to another (iPhone).

On Mac: (source)

1. Click Cloud > Export to iCloud… – OR – Menu > File > Config Export > Export to iCloud…
    2. Choose “All Songs”, enter a name in the “Save As:” box, and Save.
    3. Backups are also created automatically so this step is optional.

On iPhone: (target)

1. Tap Cloud
    2. Choose the desired backup file. Tap Restore All Above

See “Sharing (Syncing) Song Data” for the details. Anytune allows you to save your song data (settings, lyrics, notes and marks) for all or a single song to iCloud or a file. This allows you to share your music meta data across your devices or with your friends.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.