Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • JeffRadford
    Participant
    #4727 |

Another topic for the day…

Any ideas on this one?

Working on a song in Anytune on my MacBook Pro – works fine. No issue. Plenty of marks, etc.

Go to work on the same song on my iMac – Anytune is “unable to use song.”

Bear in mind this is the same song song from the same iTunes library and has been downloaded to the desk top.

Any ideas on how to rectify?

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere.

Thanks!

– Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4728 |

Sorry for the trouble.

Anytune have permission to access the place where the file is. Usually you are asked once and then never again for that folder and you can give permission for the entire drive or top level folder.

How are you importing this song? Have you ever been able to play the song?

You could try deleting the song from Anytune on your iMac, then import the song into Anytune in the one following ways:

1. Anytune > File > Add to Anytune…
    2. Right-Click on a music file and select Open with Anytune, or
    3. Drag song files from a folder or directly from iTunes onto a Playlist in Anytune.

Use Anytune > Preferences > Advanced to adjust the import behaviour. Select whether to play imported songs from the original location, or to copy the file into Anytune so the song will still be available if removed from the original location.

Now go to the Cloud and Restore the marks from that song.

If you can send us a screen shot of the error anytune.us/contact-us I might be able to see something unusual.

JeffRadford
    Participant
    #4732 |

Now you wanna know what’s really weird, Tony?

It’s taken me a couple weeks to get back to this post.

Sorry bout that.

I was going to run though your suggestions, but I’ll be damned if I didn’t open the song file and magically it was there.

I may have done a OSX update that maybe fixed the problem, I’m not completely sure. I guess I’ll save this post for future problems of this sort. 🙂

Thanks!

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4733 |

Could be Apple magic. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.