Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anonymous
    #27 |

Is there a way to organize the marks in folders or playlists?

Anonymous
    #92 |

Hi Jason,

Marks are associated with individual songs. There is currently no way to tie them together or group them in other ways. 
    We have had a couple of customers ask for something that sounds like what you may be looking for… Could you tell me a bit more about what you’d like to accomplish by organizing the marks into folders or playlists?

Sean.

Anonymous
    #93 |

Thanks for responding!

My list of songs that I have marks for are growing and it’s often a chore to locate my songs.  I use Anytune for weekly rehearsals and it would be nice to have a shorter list of songs I could reference.

I appreciate it!

Jason

Anonymous
    #94 |
    Thanks for clarifying Jason.
    Anytune 3.5 which will be out soon (hopefully this week) has a few new features that may help you out.
    The first is that we’ve added the ability to sort the Tunes list. So you will be able to sort it alphabetically, by date (most recently played and most recently imported) as well as manually. So you could manually move the songs you want to access to the top. Or if they are most frequently played, they will bubble to the top using the “most recently played” sort option.

The second feature we’ve added is the ability to search for songs by name. It works much like the iPhone music app search does. So if you know what the song is called, you can just type it to find it.

One other suggestion for you with the existing Anytune. Simply create a playlist in iTunes (or using the Music app on your device) that contains the songs you want to find quickly. Then you can just pull up that playlist in the Anytune Playlists tab, and they’ll be at your fingertips. This of course assumes that you don’t have a huge number of playlists. 😉
    Hope that helps!
    Sean.

Lori Clark Yasmina
    Participant
    #4865 |

Hi,
    I would like to know if I can add songs from my anytune pro songlist to a folder. It seems I cannot. The only choice is from my itunes, but some of the songs are edited and not in my device’s music. Basically, I would like to be able to organize my anytune all song/tunes list.
    Thanks,
    Lori

JimLeask
    #4869 |

Hi Lori,

Yes, you can set up Folder (nested if you like) and Playlists to hold songs. You need to create the Folder and/or Playlist first though. Here are the basic steps that I hope will help:

– Go to the “Tunes” list – You should see “All Tunes” and “Marked Tunes” listed
    – tap the green + button to go to the “Add” screen
    – Tap New Folder or New Playlist. Note that songs only go in a Playlist, but a Folder can be used to nest other folders or playlists
    – Ensure you have a Playlist created, either first or nested in a Folder

If you now return to the first Tunes screen, you should see your Folder and/or Playlist

– Drill down to the Playlist you would like to add a song to
    – Tap the green + button, but this time do the Import “iPod Library”or “Anytune Playlists”
    – Browse to find the song you would like to add to the Playlist, select it and tap Done

Your song is now in the playlist.

Once you have created the Playlist as described earlier, you can also easily add a song that you are already playing as follows:

– have the song in the player
    – tap the song title at the top of the player (brings up the Tune Info for the song)
    – You will now have a section “Playlists”, with your playlist listed.
    – Tap “Add to Playlist…” button, and select the playlist you would like this song to be in.

Hope this helps.

Lori Clark Yasmina
    Participant
    #4877 |

Hi,
    Thank you. This helps a lot. I still had to do a lot of manipulations to add a playlist to a folder. Its not intuitive and maybe they could simplify the process, but at least now I can manage it.

I found I could create a plylist under a folder simply, but if I created a playlist first, it was difficult to move to a folder. Maybe I am missing something.

Thank you,
    Lori

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.