Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • BRK
    Participant
    #4414 |

Hi,
    I just bought the Anytune with Export Add on for my iPad Air. I love it but I am stuck to how to find my edited song (Tempo Changed) in iTunes after Exporting.

Here is what I am doing and please correct me if I’m missing some steps:
    My song is in iTunes, I open Anytune and select the song, doing some editing and then click on Export icon. It brings me to Export Song page then I choose the Anytune option for exporting my song. After finishing this step I go to my iTunes but the edited song is not there. All I want is how to find my edited song in my iTunes?
    Regards

Tony
    Keymaster
    #4415 |

Hi,

When you Export a song from Anytune you can attach it to an Email, copy/paste with AudioCopy, use Open-In to share the file with another App or

import

it back into Anytune. When you choose Anytune the Tempo Adjusted file will be created and imported back into Anytune. Tap the Tunes category and you will see the File with the Tuning appended to the title.

Unfortunately, you device’s music library is read only and the Music App does not support Open-in or provide any way to add songs, other than adding the song to iTunes on your computer and syncing your device.

Using Dropbox or other file hosting service and Open-In is the easiest way to get files in and out of apps on your iOS device and even to your computer where you can drag it into iTunes and sync it to your device. It is convoluted. You will need a Dropbox.com account and the Dropbox app installed on your device and your computer. Or Copy, Box, ….

To Export a song to Dropbox:

1. Tap Export File via Open-In
    2. Choose Save to Dropbox and choose a location in your Dropbox folders.

I hope that helps.

Tony
    Anytune.us - Music practice perfected

BRK
    Participant
    #4416 |

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for your reply and explanation. After spending sometimes I ended to install the Drop Box in my iPad and then from Anytune Export to Drop Box and Download to my Laptop, long process but it does the job.
    Suggestion:
    It would be great if in the next update you can add MP3 file format instead of M4A file format in Export Song section. We get a M4A file and then we need to convert it to MP3 file format through a third party application, long process.
    Thanks anyway and I will leave a good feedback in App store.
    Regards

Tony
    Keymaster
    #4417 |

Hi, Glad Dropbox worked for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. Exporting to mp3 on iOS has some challenges that would need to be overcome. Apple promotes m4a which is now widely supported.

Tony

BRK
    Participant
    #4418 |

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for the reply.

Apple promotes m4a which is now widely supported.

I need the MP3 format to be able to play with my keyboard (Korg) and M4A is not supported.
    Actually the big music manufacturers like Korg, Yamaha, Roland, etc… still support the MP3 not M4A.
    Regards.

Tony
    Keymaster
    #4419 |

OK, I understand. I was not thinking about keyboards. Unfortunately, the MP3 codec is not included in iOS/Mac OS for licensing reasons, so it is a bit tricky. Thanks for telling us why m4a is problematic. There are some convertors out there, including iTunes itself, but I understand it would be way easier to export in mp3.

Tony

BRK
    Participant
    #4979 |

Hi,

I used the Dropbox for exporting songs so far as you suggested in the past but for some unknown reason the Dropbox is not showing anymore in Export File via Open-In.
    FYI, I updated the Anytune Pro + today via App Store.

Thank you

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4980 |

Try swiping through the list to More … and see if Dropbox is enabled. Sometimes you need to choose Dropbox through More before it will appear on the top list.

You could also try launching and/or updating Dropbox.

You could also use the export to the Files app which will connect to Dropbox.

Once Anytune hands the file off to the iOS Share widget is is ion iOS hands, there is not much we can do.

Restarting your device may help.

BRK
    Participant
    #4981 |

Ok, I figured it out.
    I just installed the Dropbox in my iPad and then it reappears in Export File via Open-In.

Just one more thing, it would be very helpful if you can add the MP3 support for exporting files in the future update.

Thank you

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.