This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Tony
    Keymaster
    #4432 |

Thanks Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a suggestion for Anytune. There are some features we are planning to add.

Can you tell me more about how your perfect “Hold” feature would work. I have not used it on ASD and you are the first person to explicitly ask for it that I can remember.

How is it different than working through the song using Transcribe Mode? What happens when you hit ‘H’?

Thanks again. If you have any more suggestions or questions, please feel free to contact us anytime here, or at support at anytune.us.

Tony
    Anytune.us - Music practice perfected

stevebeige
    Participant
    #4433 |

Tony

Appreciate your quick response.

The Hold feature in ASD works like this:

The audio is playing and you hit the ‘H’ key. It immediately takes a sample of about 160ms at 100% speed from the point of impact and loops it indefinitely until you hit ‘H’ again when it will release and continue playing the audio from that hold point. The sample size goes up to around 260ms at it’s lowest setting 20% speed.

Also, if the track isn’t playing and you hit the ‘H’ key it will assume hold mode as soon as you start playing the track.

I compared the sample length/size in ASD with manually selecting a section in Anytune and looping it to hear the tempo/pulse so I know it’s fairly close.

It’s particularly suited to picking out voicings of chords but also more subtle details of single notes.

What I also do with this feature is do quick toggles/double taps to inch through sections whilst retaining the hold on the second tap. The advantage is that you can double tap through a strum (for example) and hold on each new note which gives you plenty of time to confirm what the note is then you just double tap again to move on. Because the looped short sample effectively holds the individual note, I realised after a while you could even determine which string it’s on from the character of the tone.

Doing the equivalent task in Anytune requires me to quickly hit a then b to set the loop and then l to loop it. I know you can step it to the right or left with the , and . keys but it takes a few repeats of the loop before it moves to the new section. It just seems a lot clunkier in actual use by comparison to just having 1 key.

Hope that makes sense. I can do you a video demo if you require?

Whilst I remember, it would also be cool if you had just created a loop but could then just drag the orange highlighted duration/loop anywhere on the waveform (just like you can with the moving the waveform in relation to the time line.)

Thanks for considering my suggestions.

Tony
    Keymaster
    #4435 |

Thanks for the detailed description.

Transcribe Mode intended to provide the ability to step through section of a song, but it does require two actions, and you are already aware of the loop shortcuts to shift and nudge the loop. I believe I understand the value of the single key hold function and have opened a feature request to consider this for a future update.

btw – you can quickly create loops by clicking and dragging on the time line at the top of the wave view.

Thanks Steve.

Tony

RobB
    Participant
    #4482 |

Can I humbly suggest (plead)

A ruler for manually entering bars/measure markers that are not listed in the markers side menu. Using markers for bars is not really practical. (Bars can be tapped in like Transcribe!)

The ability to snap to these when creating loops.

Another ruler for writing chords that allows more than the 2 letters allowed in the marks.

A separate adjustment to adjust pitch in octaves.
    I transcribe a lot of bass and use the +24 setting. However if the audio is out of tune by, say, 16 cents, then i have to do mental arithmetic to work out the resultant pitch shift to stay in tune. eg 23.84 in this example.

Great app, could be greater πŸ™‚

Rob

RobB
    Participant
    #4485 |

This month’s feature requests are:
    colouring of markers (currently all light blue) to user selected colour, to show different sections etc.
    Folders for tunes so some organisation is possible in long lists of tunes.

See you next month.
    Rob

RobB
    Participant
    #4486 |

Oops, wait, playlists organise things reasonably well. Just the rainbow markers then. πŸ™‚

RobB
    Participant
    #4509 |

Well this month, I’d like to return to the request for folders, playlists are not as useful.
    Plus, edit directly in lyrics screen rather than a separate window.

Seriously though,
    Just a sign that this app is still being developed would be good, it’s my most used and most loved app on my iPad, I use it daily.
    Please say you’re still working on it πŸ™‚

pesk
    Participant
    #4597 |

Hello Anytune.

Thanks for your wonderfull app.

Please create additional simple interface for live play. It could looks like Stop&go app. Big play button, previous and next song and plylist selection. The best solution could be when buttons and layout could be customized. But any simple interface will be welcomed on venues.

Thanks in advance ☺️

mshakeshaft
    Participant
    #4599 |

Love the app. I have it on my phone and mac. One request would be to be able to color selections. so you could differentiate between intro, verses and choruses for instance and see when changes are coming up.

Thanks, keep up the great work!

Martin

Tony
    Keymaster
    #4603 |

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a good idea. I have submitted the feature request to the design team. Thanks for making the effort to submit your idea.

Tony

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4610 |

Thanks for the suggestion. We have had a few requests to provide a easier interface for live performances. We are working on it.

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4611 |

Thanks for the suggestion. We have had a few requests to provide a easier interface for live performances. We are working on it.

Carlos
    Participant
    #4624 |

Hi guys. Great job with Anytune, and awesome stuff coming with ReFrame! I tried Anytune a few months ago and loved it. But unfortunately, (mostly due to not enough time, and perhaps too much laziness from my side) the demo has expired so I am considering to purchase it now.
    There are however two features that I have seen implemented at some degree in other choices so I though that I would even suggest them here πŸ™‚

My feature requests for Anytune:
    1) Is there a plan to include zoom-in/out in the wave view? That would greatly contribute to more accurate loops (which is critical to “loop-based music learning”).

2) Is there a way to set a marker as “bar”, “beat” or “lose marker” (and let each have some kind of visual distinction)? That helps musicians to come back a few days later and quickly set a loop between bars X and Z, or practise just beat 1 of bar Z.

One more question: Is ReFrame going to be “embedded” in Anytune if I understand well?

Cheers,
    Carlos

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #4626 |

Thanks Carlos,

1) We have always expected to provide zoom in capabilities. Surprisingly to us there have only been a couple of requests. It is something we would like to add but it is not high on the list right now. We are also considering tools that would make creating accurate loops a lot easier which may be better than just zooming.

2) You can add short and long labels to the marks. Right-click>Edit the Mark. The short label is displayed on the Mark and the Label will display a configurable amount of time before and after you pass the mark. We don have some ideas for enhancing the marks and navigating within the song. They will not be available soon and I can’t provide a date.

AutoLoop will automatically move the A and B Loop sliders to the marks immediately surrouding the playhead. This allows you to mark up a song and easily work on it loop by loop.

ReFrame will be included in Anytune Pro+, and available in the Studio Pack for iOS and will also be included in Anytune for Mac. No additional cost.

j0e
    Participant
    #4647 |

Hey, just bought the app today and is it great!
    Only pain in the a… is you can not upload multiple songs via WiFi, or am I missing something?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.