This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Anonymous
    #169 |

Hi

Please add another vote for AirTurn support. Hands free transcription would be very convenient (even better than double tap).
    Cheers
    Andreas

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #170 |

Thanks Andreas – seems the AirTurn is a popular one!

Sean.
    Anonymous
    #171 |

Hey Sean,

I sent one of the problem files to the support address a few days ago. Did that come through? Also had some extra info about the missing files issue. Awaiting reply!

Sincerely,
    Lindsay

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #172 |

Hi Lindsay,

I have not seen it come through – I sent you a direct message. Sorry about the trouble.
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #182 |

Sean,
    I have just read all the documentation for your excellent app and discovered just how rich the feature set is. It really is a great piece of work that has clearly had a lotnof dedication and thought put into it.

My feature request is for some kind of shortcut gesture to toggle the left-hand songs/marks column (currently there is a small ‘Songs’ button which becomes ‘Hide’ when the songs are visible).

My perfect functionality would be a special gesture on the big waveform, say a two or three finger tap. That would really speed up regular moves I make between audiomarks (and also naming of such marks), as for such constant on/off toggling the ‘Songs/Hide’ buttons are rather small and, being at top left, quite far away from the grouped control buttons for AB/Speed & Pitch/Playback. I’d love to be able to ‘two finger tap – choose new saved loop or mark – two finger tap – straight back to work’

I appreciate it is much easier to request features that it is to implement them, although I hope this one might potentially take less work to implement than most!

Many thanks,
    Rob

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #183 |

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback!
    I understand that you want quicker access to the marks… I’d like to understand your workflow a bit more, as I have some other ideas that may be applicable depending upon exactly what you’re doing. 
    For your workflow, is the access to the marks list primarily for navigation, or is it for creation/editing? In other words, when you bring the marks panel up, do you need it in order to navigate somewhere else in the song, or do you want it up because you’ve created a mark, and now you need to edit it right away?
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #184 |

Thank you Sean.
    I’m afraid it’s difficult to give a straightforward answer to your question. I would perhaps say ‘primarily for navigation’ – but, at least in my workflow, all marks and loops need to be labelled (‘edited’) before they can be practicably used for navigation!
    I think that the headline is that I’m an iPad user who finds gestures really efficient and intuitive for frequent ‘toggle’ tasks. Any excellent example is the superb iCab web browser, which offers a couple of gestures with set functions and a host of other tap/swipe gestures which are user-assignable to suit their workflow.
    To be honest I sometimes trigger your pop-up message by accident ‘Waveform Zoom Level Cannot Be Changed’. This frustrates me as I by now know this well. An example of configurability would be a multi-choice to turn that message on/off or to substitute another function to that gesture – such as toggling the sidebar!
    I’d of course be interested to know of any alternative approaches you are considering and glad to offer my thoughts, despite understanding I may well not see my ideally preferred implementation in the end…

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #185 |

Thanks for clarifying Rob,

One of my thoughts was around something like pressing and holding the add mark or loop mark button on mark creation so that it would open up the marks editor to the mark you just created (if it was hidden) or possibly bring up a popover to edit the mark that was just created. This would be a nice optimization on the creation step. However, if you’re frequently bringing up the marks list to navigate and then closing it again, it wouldn’t really make much of a difference in that style workflow.
    I’m not sure if you know this or not – but if you double tap on a mark in the main waveform area, it will show the marks editor if hidden and take you that mark to edit it. That would, however leave you with tapping the back button in the marks area to get back to the full list of marks, and hitting the hide button to dismiss the list.
    Interesting idea about repurposing the pinch gesture. Pinch in to show the marks sidebar and pinch out to hide it again. Hmm. I have captured your feedback in our feature tracking system. We’ll see what we can do in a future update… right now we are really busy trying to get Anytune Mac ready for our first beta test.
    Cheers,
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #187 |

I’ll look forward to hopefully seeing a development or two once you have your Mac port up and running.

One additional thought: I wondered if it might be relatively quick and easy to add keyboard shortcuts for those of us who have Bluetooth keyboards: things like ‘toggle left hand column’ and ‘toggle looped playback’, ‘drop marker’, ‘Set A loop cue’, ‘Set B loop end’ are all the kind of things that really suit a tap on a physical keyboard when there is one available. I have no real insight into iOS development but it struck me as something which might require less custom coding than many other features due to key input being such a fundamental function.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #188 |

We’ve had requests to support a number of different bluetooth devices, the keyboard being one of them (amongst some more specific hardware like the Airturn). I can definitely see the value, now that we’ve been building and testing the Mac version and keyboard shortcuts can be a huge win for productivity…

Sean.

Anonymous
    #219 |

Any news on support for AirTurn bluetooth footswitch?  Would really help with transcribing & looping.

Thanks….Lyle

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #220 |

Hi Lyle,

We are attempting to get in touch with the AirTurn people – almost as I type this. We are also looking at enabling MIDI input to allow devices like IKMultiMedia’s iRig BlueBoard to control Anytune as well (along with other general purpose MIDI type controllers).
    So, we’ve heard you folks! We’re gearing up to add “remote control” support to Anytune. It’ll be a few more months, but it’s coming.
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #222 |

I (mis) use the lyrics screen for storing bass tabs.
    I noticed the sliding movement on the lyrics screen.

It would be nice if I could use the song markers on the Lyrics screen, so the Lyrics will jump to the right position when the song reaches a marker…

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #223 |

Hi,

There are so many possible combinations of lyrics (or tabs) to music timing, that we decided to keep it simple for now… if you find that the position doesn’t line up, then you can edit your lyrics to add extra blank lines as needed to space it out so that the “lyrics” line up with the position in the music. 
    I agree that it is not ideal, and we do have ideas on how we can make it easier to line up the lyrics to the music position, but we haven’t had the time to build it.
    Thanks for letting us know that you’re making use of the feature, and that you’d like to see it improved!
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #224 |

Maybe too easy thought, but I was thinking like the way Google lets you drop markers on a Map.
    Then let us choose from existing wave markers.
    I think then you don’t have to worry about file structures, we decide what we wan’t to see when the song reaches a marker. It then doesn’t matter if we write down lyrics, tabs, a simple chord scheme or maybe even some notes..

Maybe a setting how the marker on the Lyrics should be positioned : top-left / center / etc..

In that way we can even set several markers for a repeating parts on the same spot on the lyrics tab.

Thanks for the Tool btw, really usefull for me!! It’s worth the money.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.