This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #130 |
    We do have Audio Copy/Paste support on our list of things to do, but at this point I’m not sure when it will find its way into an update.

Sean.
    mobiljogja4
    Participant
    #131 |

Hey Sean,

I use AnyTune to record orchestra rehearsals, and then I identify the different pieces and bar numbers of the start and end of sections practised with Audiomarks.

After that, I export parts of the rehearsal for each different piece covered, to reduce file size to something more manageable and quicker to synch to Dropbox. I then have to export the Audiomarks for the entire original recorded track.

I am wondering if you have plans to simplify the process of managing Audiomarks, perhaps automatically saving an Audiomarks file with the exported loops, or embedding the Audiomarks in the exports?

When I first started using AnyTune, I once saved a whole rehearsal to Dropbox and then deleted the Tune from AnyTune, before I realised the 80-odd Audiomarks were not automatically saved! I learnt quickly from that!

Best regards

Nigel

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #132 |

Hi Nigel,

Sorry that you had to learn that the hard way. 🙁
    Right now, the closest we have to what you are looking for is “Export Original Song and Settings Via Email”. That will create an email which includes the original song, as well as an atcfg file that includes all of the marks.
    Of course in your case where you may have recorded a very long session, sending it all in an email is far from ideal.
    We had discussed internally the idea of creating an Anytune “project” file that would probably be a zip file which includes the settings as well as the song itself.
    Or were you hoping that we could include the audiomarks as part of the export for song sections? ie: if you were to create a loop, and export just the loop to have Anytune include the marks that are in between the loop start and end points?
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #147 |

Hi!

First off, I want to thank you guys. Anytune has to be the most useful app on my iPad. I had been using Amazing Slow Downer, but it doesn’t hold a candle to Anytune. I had no idea an app like this could be so good!

I know it’s been suggested already and maybe you guys are working on it, but I’d like to second support for the AirTurn BlueTooth pedal. It’s probably the only feature I routinely wish it had while practicing. It would work nicely with looping and even the new transcribe feature.

Anyway, thanks again guys. Anytune is a very well designed, stable and useful app. I wish you continued success!

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #148 |

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words. 🙂
    We are tracking the AirTurn feature request in our internal feature tracking system, and I’ve added another “vote” to it on your behalf. 
    Other musicians have asked for similar things, like making use of the iPad bluetooth keyboard, or possibly integrating with CoreMIDI to enable MIDI based control of Anytune. So many possibilities.
    There’s no doubt that having “remote” controls over Anytune while practicing would be a useful add. Now we just need to find time to build it! 😉
    Sean.

Anonymous
    #149 |

Hello,

My request involves the loop function. I’m wondering if it might be possible to implement a feature which allows the user to clear only the “B Slider” rather than the entire loop. For instance,I find that often when I’m working on a solo and I’ve completed the first few bars – which are contained in my loop – and I want to continue onto the next few bars, I would find it very helpful to leave the “B Slider” open-ended (for lack of a better descriptor), and select a new “B” section on the fly. In other words, it would be very handy to let the loop begin from the already selected “A”, but to be able to select a new spot for the “B Slider” as the open-ended loop plays. I know I can just drag the slider to a new spot – even while the track is playing – but ultimately, where it lands will be more or less random. To have that “B” cleared, and to be able to punch in a new spot while the track is playing would be super. 
    Probably I’m not explaining this very well. Perhaps if I explain what I’m doing as the software allows presently. I’ll work on a looped section of music (“A” – “B”), but ultimately, I’ll want to continue on just beyond where “B” is set, but still begin where “A” has been set. So ultimately, I’ll jump back to “A”, delete the loop (by pressing “X” which clears both “A” and “B”), set a new “A”, then set a new “B” at the desired spot as the tune plays. 
    I still don’t think I’ve explained this well . . .  
    All things considered, thanks for a fantastic product.
    Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #150 |

Hello!

Glad to hear you like Anytune! 🙂
    I’m going to assume that we’re just talking about positioning of the A and B sliders, and not of a saved loop.
    There are several ways you can extend the B point without adjusting the A position.
    In your workflow, you might try the following…
    When you’re ready to move the B position, disable looping so that the playhead will continue past the current B point. Hit play. When you think you’ve found roughly the spot you want to loop again, hit the B button (next to the X) to reposition the slider. Then re-enable loop mode.
    I think that would probably be the easiest given your explanation, and comes closest to allowing the B to “float”. That avoids you having to clear the entire loop to reposition just the end.
    You can also adjust the B position using the “B<->” controls and then use the slider to move to the B out. Of course as you indicated you can also always touch and drag the B slider to adjust as well.
    If you wanted to double the size of the loop (perhaps not – since that will probably too big) you could use the “loop<->” controls and hit the “x2” button.
    I hope that helps!
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #158 |

Hi guys
    Can you add another vote on my behalf for AirTurn support?  And could you also add my vote for some form of count-in for playback?  I use AnyTune every day with students and as with Tinue (posted March 4), I currently do a manual count-in and then press Play. 

Beat detection would be good but another method could perhaps be a user tap tempo?  The user could then simply tap the desired count-in tempo and Anytune uses this until the user either cancels or taps a new count-in tempo.  I think this would probably be quite easy to implement too….almost all (paid) metronome apps have tap tempo these days so there should be plenty of resources around to find out how to do it.

Cheers
    Gary

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #159 |

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the additional vote for the AirTurn support, and the tap to set tempo suggestion. I’ve added your vote to our internal AirTurn support case, and have also added your suggestion to our beat-based count in case. That’s a neat idea.
    Cheers!
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #160 |

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful advice with my looping questions posted above; they seem pretty much to enable me to do what I’m trying to do.

I’ve been using a software called “Transcribe!” a fair bit recently on my desktop, and there are two things featured in this software that would be greatly appreciated in Anytune: Measure/bar markers and beat markers. Perhaps a tap function for placing beat markers would be ideal. When I first started with Transcribe! I doubted I’d use these, but it only took one session to realize they are tremendously helpful. It is very helpful to be able to see a particular measure/bar in order to jump to it, particularly if you’re accustomed to numbering the measures in your transcribing. And being able to ‘see’ the beat with a beat marker makes the process even easier. Of course one could use Audiomarks for indicating measures, but I’m imagining something sleeker, more minimalist, with a smaller tab, and perhaps auto numbering.

Thanks for your consideration.

Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #161 |
    You’re not the first one to make such a request – we’ve just been really busy with a bunch of other things (right now our focus is on getting Anytune for Mac built), and have not yet had the time to go in and implement something like what you’re looking for. We definitely agree it’s a great idea, and would make life much easier for setting loops or as you say, quickly jumping to a measure.
    I agree with you that marks are not the right answer to this problem.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #163 |
    Greetings. Software is looking good for me so far, but for some simple file functions…. Maybe I’ve missed something, but I would really like to be able to rename files, see better support for Japanese characters, and folders would be great too.
    Please tell me its already implemented and I’m just not seeing it (:
    Much appreciated!
    Lindsay
    Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #164 |

Hello Lindsay,

Folders and renaming of Tunes will be coming in our next major update. Sorry for the inconvenience that those things aren’t there now.
    Can you let us know where we could improve the Japanese character support? Please provide an example if possible of where you’re seeing issues. Our Japanese translation/support is new, so there could definitely be glitches there.
    Thanks!
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #167 |

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the snappy reply. Looking forward to the renaming and folders.
    I tried to import a few files that have Japanese titles. I am not really sure why, but the titles would only show up as question marks, and I couldn’t import other files that had the same track number and number of characters in the title (it just happens that most of the tracks I am loading have four character titles). I guess renaming would solve this issue. Sorry I can’t be more specific. 
    Yet another non specific issue I just had…. loaded Anytune, only to find that tracks I had previously imported could no longer be played, with an import failed error. Titles of the missing tracks doesn’t seem to have any bearing on the matter, since the one track that remained had Japanese characters, and one of the missing tracks was English only. A search of the forum didn’t offer any clues. Reimporting the file thankfully restores the track marker positions.
    Sincerely,
    Lindsay
    Tony Wacheski
    Participant
    #168 |

Hi Lindsay,

Would you mind forwarding one of the tracks with Japanese titles that you are having trouble with to our support email address ([email protected])? It’s always helpful for us to have the same songs as our customers in cases like these.
    Are the songs you are importing coming from the iPod library on your device, or are they imported from Dropbox or some other import type?
    The missing track issue is odd – did you recently update Anytune by any chance?
    Sean.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.