This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • budsticky
    Participant
    #30 |

I guess you’ll get plenty now the forum is up.
    I hope you can consider these:
    Able to play in background. Probably won’t be a popular one, but would be great to be able to use a virtual instrument while listening to a loop. Would make my train travel time productive.

Listen to left or right channel only. Lots of mixes pan instrument to the side. Would enable more focus on that instrument.

Excellent app.

Thanks
    Rob

Anonymous
    #88 |

Hi Rob,

Anytune can play in the background already. If you start playback, and then switch out to another app, you can still listen to Anytune. In some cases, there may be other apps that do not allow sharing of the audio in which case that may force Anytune to stop. Do make sure you are running 3.0.3 – we had a bug with background audio in some of the previous versions.
    Left and right channel pan is present already as well. Tap the “microphone” to bring up the LiveMix control panel. You will see a slider with an iPod next to it. That slider controls the pan from left to right.
    Cheers!
    Sean.
    Dan Erfurt
    Participant
    #99 |

It sure would be nice to be able to set a time delay after pressing the play button. I need a few seconds to get my hand back on my bass before the music starts!

Anonymous
    #100 |

Hi Dick,

Anytune has that ability as of our 3.5 release. Press and hold down the play button, and it will bring up a set of options to allow you to delay playback start.
    Sean.
    music girl
    Participant
    #105 |

Is there a way to single out drum tracks?

Anonymous
    #106 |

Your best bet would be to use the EQ to pick out an appropriate set of frequencies to boost, and at the same time suppress frequencies that you aren’t interested in.

This blog post has some detail on EQ frequencies for drums, and what they correspond to:
    This also offers a nice summary of frequencies:
    Hope that helps!
    Sean.
    Glenroy Forbes
    Participant
    #107 |

The time delay on start is great.

However, it is difficult to see when the song actually starts: The eyes are on the sheet music, not on the iPad. Could you add a “click-in” sound shortly before the song starts? E.g. “tic-tic-tic” and then the song starts.

Thanks for considering this! Regards, Martin

Anonymous
    #108 |

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion – we have had other customers ask us for the same thing. The main reason we haven’t done it yet is because we’d really like to tie it into a reliable BPM calculation so that we could do a beat based count-in, rather than a per second count-in. We are hoping to have some improved BPM detection technology later this year that would then allow us to build it in.
    From what you’re saying though, some sort of beep or countdown would still be useful even if it weren’t beat based?
    Sean.
    Glenroy Forbes
    Participant
    #109 |

Beat-based would of course be the ideal solution. Right now I sit next to my son (who sits on his drum set and wants to practice), and count “three, two, one, go” and click on “play”. To replace this, any sort of beep / countdown would be good enough.

Thanks and regards, Martin

Anonymous
    #110 |

Hi Martin,

That makes sense – I can certainly understand how having some type of audible countdown would be better that nothing, in absence of a beat based one.
    I have updated our internal case system with your request, so that we will see what we can do in a future update.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #112 |

Hi!

Your app is awesome. The only feature I find would be very interesting to add is an automatic chord-detection (like the one present on the computer version of Capo, a software similar to anytune), but I suppose that would be quite hard to implement…

Another idea would be to allow users to set “chord markers” on the songs and then share the marked songs with everybody over the Internet, I think it would be a real help for people with poor ears or not enough time to figure out all the chords 🙂

Anyway thanks for your app I use it everyday and it really helps me!

And sorry for the English mistakes I’m French.

Cheers

Gloomy

Anonymous
    #113 |

Hi Gloomy,

Your English is great. Much better than my ability to write French (unless you like Google Translate’s results). 😉
    We’ve had several customers ask for note guesses and chord detection. It’s certainly something we’d like to do at some point in the future, and are tracking the idea. It’s a bit of a tricky problem to get right, which is part of th reason we haven’t done it yet. 😉
    The idea of being able to share markers in the cloud is a great one. We’d also like to do something similar for EQ presets. I guess the general idea would be to allow sharing/viewing of marks that other people have done to the song you’re currently working on. I’ve added your suggestion for cloud based sharing of “chord marks” to our internal feature tracking system.
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    Sean.
    saxfiend
    Participant
    #122 |

Hello Sean — I’d like to see AirTurn BlueTooth pedal support in the app. After I’ve done the loop setup using the touch interface, I’d like to use the pedals I already use in many of my other music apps to control those loops in a practice or transcription session. The best implementations allow users to assign functions to the pedal presses (especially because it can be used with 1, 2, or 4 pedals), but for myself something as simple as “Start/Stop/NextMark/PreviousMark” would be useful. Thanks for considering this,

Paul

Anonymous
    #123 |

Hi Paul,

That’s a good suggestion. We’ve had some others ask for support for the bluetooth keyboard to do something similar. Certainly a foot pedal would make a lot of sense. I’ve captured a link to the AirTurn developer kit, and opened a case for engineering.
    Cheers!
    Sean.
    Anonymous
    #129 |

The ability to use Audiocopy/Audiopaste to export a time stretched loop into other compatible iOS apps would be very convenient 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.