Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Anonymous Anonymous
    Participant
    #5095 |

So I recently bought Green Day’s “American Idiot” album on iTunes in hopes of learning the whole thing on drums with the help of Anytune Pro+ on my iPhone, but to my surprise more than half the songs came up as “protected”. Now, I had this album on Apple Music before I bought it, but I did remember to remove it from my library before I bought it on iTunes.

I don’t know why this is happening but has anyone else had this issue, and if so is there a solution to it?

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #5096 |

Anytune shows the “Song Protected” message when the Music Library tells us (Anytune) the file is protected. It is possible the syetm has downloaded a protected song to your device. Bad Apple. Deleting the album before purchasing it should have avoided this problem.

We have not been able to reproduce this in our lab to be able to productively engage Apple support.

1. Please update to Anytune 4.2.1
    2. Find the Protected song in you songs list
    3. Select (load) a playabl song before the protected song in the list
    4. Swipe the Title Bar left (iPhone) or use the Next button (iPad) to load the protected song (you will see an error)
    5. Tape the Titiel bar to reveal the Song Info
    6. Scroll doen the view the Audil File Info and view the File and Source values

Seeing “Not Found [DRM]” indicates the song is protected.

If you can send ([email protected]) a screen shot it would be fantastic and allow us demonstrate the issue to Apple.

Please also http://anytune.us/contact-us

Please contact Apple Support and tell them: “Songs that you have purchased are being downloaded as Protected songs and cannot be played.”

Use getsupport.apple.com to get help or apple.com/ca/contact/ to find a phone number like the Helpline number for US: 1-800-275-2273.

You can check the if a song file is protected in iTunes.

1. Open iTunes on your PC/Mac and open Library
    2. Right-Click > Song Info > Files and look for the kind: field.
    3. If there kind: includes “Apple Music” or “Protected” Anytune is not allowed to play the song.

If you are using the iCloud Music Library can you please

1. Open iTunes on your PC/Mac and open Library
    2. Right-Click on the table title bar and add iCloud Status and iCloud Download heading
    3. s

Can you please tell us the kind: of file and the values of iCloud Status and iCloud Download.

Once the song is download to your device you cannot determine if it is protected by looking.

You could also try re-downloading the song to your device, and hopefully getting a non Protected version.
    If you are using the iCloud Music Library: Open the Apple Music app and “Download” the song.
    Try Remove Download and re-download with “Download”, then restart Anytune.

If you Sync with iTunes: Sync the missing song to your device with iTunes using USB or WiFi.
    If the song is downloaded and still not displayed in Anytune:

• restart Anytune,
    • reatart your device
    • re-sync to iTunes,
    • un-sync all songs and re-sync to iTunes.

Songs now purchased from iTunes are not DRM protected. Older purchased songs may be protected. You might be able to download DRM-free versions of songs originally purchased with DRM protection. See “About iTunes Plus“.

Please let us know if any of this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.