Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • avoicethatsuits
    Participant
    #5106 |

Hey, there:

I am using Anytune for something I haven’t heard much about: to learn languages. The ability to skow people down but still have it at natural pitch is just as useful as it is in music. (Though I admit I learned a Bossa Nova without sheet music or lyrics, which felt good.)

However, it’s the same question as it is for anyone. Is there anyway to upload a vocal track from YouTube Red into Anytune? Or should I use another software? Thanks.

Kenneth

tony_anytune
    Keymaster
    #5107 |

Hi Kenneth, There are many people who use Anytune to slow down foreign language audio to help with learning.

Anytune will play audio files (and the audio portion of video files) directly for your device’s media library. You can also use the Import feature of Anytune Pro+ or the Import IAP of Anytune (Free) to import a file directly into Anytune. Anytune will extract the audio from a video file. I do not believe YouTube Red will allow you to export tracks and make them available to other apps, since I believe this is a subscription service. While Apple Music and other streaming services allow apps to play tracks they do not allow other apps to open and process the files. Anytune needs to be able to open the file.

If YouTube Red allows you to export or share q track then Anytune will play it but I don’t believe this is possible directly. If you do find another app that is capable of playing Youtube tracks please let us know and we will investigate.

avoicethatsuits
    Participant
    #5108 |

I am quite sure many people have done so before me, but it doesn’t seem prominent in the discussions so I mention it. I am a guitarist as well, and guitarists always seem to dominate any list they’re on. I entitled my review on the App Store “SINGERS!!!!” to kind of break that.

I am sufficiently good at accents (actually, quite good) that I picked up Carioca sufficiently that Brazilians like my attempts at Bossa Nova. Spanish, however, has eluded me despite years of practice, which is a pain because I teach English in a high school for Central Americans. Thinking this will help.

In any case, thanks. That makes sense. So I should use the download apps mentioned here. Any suggestions?

Kenneth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.